Rangers 2018/19 European Extravaganza!

KnightswoodBear

9 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Makes no difference if Rangers draw or lose this, they would still qualify by beating Rapid Vienna. They might as well just push everyone forward and try and win, then they only need a point in last game

Don`t think that`s correct given they could lose out on head to head if they`d lost tonight and Spartak win their last game.

Edit to add I see that Jim McLean`s ghost has made that very same point.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don`t think that`s correct given they could lose out on head to head if they`d lost tonight and Spartak win their last game.
Yes but then they would finish above Vienna and Villarreal, Moscow and Rangers would qualify. Ie if they got beat tonight they would be on 5 points with Moscow, other two teams on 7. Both rangers and Moscow win they finish on 8, no difference between a draw and a loss re qualification.

1 minute ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Edit to add I see that Jim McLean`s ghost has made that very same point.

Aye and who knows what shite performance Villarreal would put in vs Spartak if they were already through.

It isn't a great chance for Rangers to get through as they need an away win but they have done well to take it to the last game and have it in their own hands.

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:
4 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Yes but then they would finish above Vienna and Villarreal, Moscow and Rangers would qualify. Ie if they got beat tonight they would be on 5 points with Moscow, other two teams on 7. Both rangers and Moscow win they finish on 8, no difference between a draw and a loss re qualification.

No because Villarreal would be on 9 points with a win tonight and Spartak go through in 2nd on 8 on head to head.

Indded. I stand corrected.
No you are right I was actually typing post to say that Villarreal would be on 9 points but Jim got in before me. Yes if Rangers had lost tonight then an unlikely win for Moscow in Spain would render a rangers win in Vienna redundant due to head to head.. Really can't see Moscow winning that hence result tonight probably won't influence but yes their is a slight chance it could.

Not a bad result for Rangers. A win in Vienna is certainly possible albeit a big ask. 
Either way, fair play to Rangers for even getting to the last game still in with a chance of qualifying.

Rangers died mate.

One of these rare draws that feel like a win.  Combine that with our excellent fans trolling the P&B diddies and it's trebles  doubles all round!  Hic.

Trebles and doubles? Thought it was Celtic that done the double trebles??
Very good result for Rangers tonight all said and done. Very disciplined team performance in the second half. Well done them.

Oh behave yourself.  You've got that wee Sellick arsehole posting about us now.

Sorry Kinc.

Anyway I know you love a good Rangers Media post so here is my contribution tonight, this time relating to the Candeias red.

I’d love to say it’s tongue in cheek but with the SS you never know.

IMG_0713.jpg

2 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Trebles and doubles? Thought it was Celtic that done the double trebles??
Very good result for Rangers tonight all said and done. Very disciplined team performance in the second half. Well done them.

Double trebles?  Cheap posting from me trying to live up to my reputation.

We looked very leggy at the end.  Probably not good in advance of playing your mob on Sunday.

9 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Sorry Kinc.

Anyway I know you love a good Rangers Media post so here is my contribution tonight, this time relating to the Candeias red.

I’d love to say it’s tongue in cheek but with the SS you never know.

IMG_0713.jpg

:thumsup2

The optimist in me reckons it's a jape.

But I've posted much more on FF since P&B started going down the stank and some attitudes are eye-waterlingly embarrassing.  So you never know...

Rangers probably could have won that had Gerrard not been a park the bus shitebag.

Villarreal were everything you'd expect from a mid-table Spanish team.
Players taking too many touches, lots of sideways passing and absolutely no bite up front.
Throw in a few solid tackles and they fold like ... well Rangers.

8 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Rangers probably could have won that had Gerrard not been a park the bus shitebag.

Villarreal were everything you'd expect from a mid-table Spanish team.
Players taking too many touches, lots of sideways passing and absolutely no bite up front.
Throw in a few solid tackles and they fold like ... well Rangers.

Trying too hard. 

Archived