Ayrshire cup final

PiedPiper

Not a great game if i'm honest ! 

Hurlford poor first half but seemed to up the gears second half (probably due to the BOLLOCKING they got at halftime )

but all credit to Cumnock for giving their all  with some realy good young players they have. just hope they can keep them 

13 minutes ago, PiedPiper said:

Not a great game if i'm honest ! 

Hurlford poor first half but seemed to up the gears second half (probably due to the BOLLOCKING they got at halftime )

but all credit to Cumnock for giving their all  with some realy good young players they have just hope they can keep them 

Worst Ayrshire cup final in years. Thistle looked disinterested but I suppose they have a far bigger game on the horizon. The boy Currie is some player and they will need him on top form at burnpark to win this league. Their 6th/7th Ayrshire cup final was always a formality, no disrespect to Cumnock who tried as much as could be expected. 

6 minutes ago, BingeDrinker said:

Worst Ayrshire cup final in years. Thistle looked disinterested but I suppose they have a far bigger game on the horizon. The boy Currie is some player and they will need him on top form at burnpark to win this league. Their 6th/7th Ayrshire cup final was always a formality, no disrespect to Cumnock who tried as much as could be expected. 

Thinking about it like that i suppose you could be spot on with regards to the bigger game 

On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 21:55, energyzone said:
On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 10:31, johnstoon said:
When is shortlees hurlford game?

Monday 4th June. It might count for nothing if Shortlees fail to beat Cumnock on Friday night.

Where is it being played?

Heard at the game last night it’s st riccarton park.which can only mean one thing in my opinion, and that is they’re trying to make it a battle and abandoning their usual approach and style, could be wrong though.

still a few weary legs in the shortlees team last night and will need to up a few gears if they want to beat hurlford.

all credit to ardeer though who are a good hardworking team and should be a good addition to the premier next season.

I saw Cumnock against Hurlford AFC on Monday night and watched the James Scott final last night. If they two teams turn up tomorrow then Monday night won't matter a bit. Shortlees incredibly jaded and no wonder. Also without Mr Knapp they are a shadow of the side. No chance of Cumnock lying down either as they are also sponsored by Hamilton Tarmac 

27 minutes ago, wingwaa said:

Mixture of bad defending and missed chances cost lees last night. Ardeer defended well and worked hard. Fair play to them, decent outfit. 

An own goal from a corner and a top poke over the line from another set piece were their goals. I don't think they looked like scoring from open play for the entire 120 minutes if am honest. Major concern. I am presuming Keir will be back for Monday though if they get through Friday. Dougie Robertson is a big loss for them too. 

im sure they said that Keir is back for the game on friday against Cumnock. Shortlees were way below par last night, however they were denied a stonewall penalty and ritchie scored when he was onside by atleast 5 yards.

take nothing away from Ardeer, they battled hard, the number 7 had a good game, as did Iain Fraser up top rolling back the years.

32 minutes ago, Kaboom said:

im sure they said that Keir is back for the game on friday against Cumnock. Shortlees were way below par last night, however they were denied a stonewall penalty and ritchie scored when he was onside by atleast 5 yards.

take nothing away from Ardeer, they battled hard, the number 7 had a good game, as did Iain Fraser up top rolling back the years.

Agree about the penalty and Ritchie's goal although Ardeer had stopped as it was clearly a foul by Kieran Paterson before the ball was played through too Ritchie. 

If Keir is back then that in itself will be enough to beat Cumnock then Monday will come down to, let's face it, Knapp v Currie. Whoever has the better game out of they two will decide the winner 

3 hours ago, Crusher said:

Heard at the game last night it’s st riccarton park.which can only mean one thing in my opinion, and that is they’re trying to make it a battle and abandoning their usual approach and style, could be wrong though.

still a few weary legs in the shortlees team last night and will need to up a few gears if they want to beat hurlford.

all credit to ardeer though who are a good hardworking team and should be a good addition to the premier next season.

The games at burnpark I’m sure. Grass has been cut and park lined.

5 hours ago, wingwaa said:

Mixture of bad defending and missed chances cost lees last night. Ardeer defended well and worked hard. Fair play to them, decent outfit. 

Was the big striker with red hair playing for ardeer? Big physical player who could give any team problems on his day 

2 minutes ago, BingeDrinker said:

Best player on the park 

He played for a bit with ardeer juniors and most goals they scored went through him, wouldn’t be surprised if a few teams were looking at him for next season 

6 minutes ago, AYRSHIREBOY said:

He played for a bit with ardeer juniors and most goals they scored went through him, wouldn’t be surprised if a few teams were looking at him for next season 

Decent player think it might of been him who scored the winner. 

2 hours ago, AYRSHIREBOY said:

Here comes thistle wi the big cheque book. 

Sounds like a replacement for Currie

Archived