Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

11 minutes ago, Blueminer said:

I believe David Cox was struggling fitness wise last season as well. Should be goals in him at League 2 level.

Yeah David had a leg injury and was playing through the pain barrier over the last few weeks of the season.  With a fully fit squad we should easily be aiming for a top 9 finish :lol:

15 hours ago, PELE said:

I think the extra bit weight helps his game. He is also a lot faster than people think.

After the first game at Cove's ground, the Cove captain said in the Press & Journal (for which I write) that Sheerin was a very difficult player to play against. He said that after the game he was covered in bruises! To be fair, he also said that Sheerin was a good bloke and that he liked him. 

1 hour ago, Kierkegaard said:

After the first game at Cove's ground, the Cove captain said in the Press & Journal (for which I write) that Sheerin was a very difficult player to play against. He said that after the game he was covered in bruises! To be fair, he also said that Sheerin was a good bloke and that he liked him. 

I remember reading that, followed by something along the lines of he hopes he's recovered from the knocks in time for the second leg, and that he wasn't really looking forward to the return battle. The lad certainly had them rattled and played a massive part in Cowden staying in the league

Edited by Drifter

I remember going to junior games as a nipper and seeing Harthill Royal and Irvine Meadow (amongst others) wearing blue tops, white shorts and black socks with red trim and being embarrassed at the clear immitation of Rangers. Pathetic that we are one of those clubs now. People can say “it’s only socks” but it’s part of their identity. We are up to our knees in f*nian blood. 

6 hours ago, Cyril said:

I'm  looking at it from a Kelty perspective, Dalziel has been a brilliant player for them, really prolific, for whatever reason Sheerin didn't show this.

Yeah he’s scored plenty, although against amateurs this season in reality. 

Anyway, hope Kelty do well this season. 

The top is good. The one I thought it was.

The socks are horrendous! Please, someone at the club change the socks to blue (anything other than red and black). We will even have a whip-round to cover the cost of ordering new socks for the team. I don't think I can watch us playing in red and black socks again.

16 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Away from "sock gate" I see on their website that Civil Service Strollers are playing us at their place on 30th June. I imagine it will be a wee bit quiter in downtown Muirhouse than Cowdenbeath that day:lol:

There is no getting away from "sock gate"! It has ruined the excitement of the new strip release.