Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

10 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

But aren't the club's registered colours

10 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

But aren't the club's registered colours

Re register them.

Hopefully the fact enough people have shown their disdain to what should be an irrelevant issue means that when the 'Blue Brazil' runs out at Central Park for the first time next season, they'll be wearing blue socks. Or red, at a push, that would at least represent the flag flown with pride outside the town hall many years ago.

These black/red ones only appeared for the last game against Cove and I imagine they'll be the same set to be used for next season. Fair enough from an expense perspective but on every other level I've heard no justification for their use other than, something along the lines of, 'Well, it's only a pair of socks'. The swastika insignia is a peace symbol but seemingly innocuous signs can become misconstrued.

C'mon Cowden, do the correct thing. It might seem irrelevant but it obviously isn't (and that's without getting 'political').

Edited by Drifter

20 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Why do you fear that answer? We all accept the team needs to have socks - the colour of socks isn't one of the major decisions to be made. It's a fairly low level matter in terms of importance. Lots of decisions about all sorts of different things are made by varying people or groups of people - I don't like red and black socks but am dealing with and making decisions on matters a lot more vital than that.

Because it implies it’s his way or the high way, the change versus Cove particularly highlighting that. Of course it’s low level and not really that important but you can see by the reaction the club has gotten this wrong and not really considered the implications this will have on the fans. The ‘it’s only socks’ argument is a load of bollocks as well much the same as someone would say ‘it’s only football’. It’s done now anyway.

Look forward to our green and white hooped top next season. 

I  Have endured 30 odd years of this. Spent the last two seasons a baw hair away from being in the same league as Stirling University. We get treated like crap from the club. This condescending shite from Cowden Cowboy who says it us that have the problem when he cant just admit DFQC wants us to look like his beloved bigoted arsewholes from Ibrox. Have had enough of being associated with this fuckinng mess.

10 minutes ago, HenryHill said:

I  Have endured 30 odd years of this. Spent the last two seasons a baw hair away from being in the same league as Stirling University. We get treated like crap from the club. This condescending shite from Cowden Cowboy who says it us that have the problem when he cant just admit DFQC wants us to look like his beloved bigoted arsewholes from Ibrox. Have had enough of being associated with this fuckinng mess.

You obviously have concerns. In what way do you feel you have been treated like crap by the club? What could have been done better to not make you feel the way you do? Have you up taken any opportunitys that the club have given in terms of direct constructive dialogue? 

Fans like yourself are of great importance given your 30 year loyalty to the club. 

Debate hasn't really been discussed before around our strips but probably has this season due to drifters artistic talents. I personally like the top and you are never going to satisfy everyones tastes. 

I appreciate your frustrations on the extremely poor past few seasons as the board will be just as much dissatisfied however that's the past and no point in hanging onto the past it's about the future now albeit learn from what has went wrong 

Because it implies it’s his way or the high way, the change versus Cove particularly highlighting that. Of course it’s low level and not really that important but you can see by the reaction the club has gotten this wrong and not really considered the implications this will have on the fans. The ‘it’s only socks’ argument is a load of bollocks as well much the same as someone would say ‘it’s only football’. It’s done now anyway.
Look forward to our green and white hooped top next season. 

12 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

You obviously have concerns. In what way do you feel you have been treated like crap by the club? What could have been done better to not make you feel the way you do? Have you up taken any opportunitys that the club have given in terms of direct constructive dialogue? 

Fans like yourself are of great importance given your 30 year loyalty to the club. 

Debate hasn't really been discussed before around our strips but probably has this season due to drifters artistic talents. I personally like the top and you are never going to satisfy everyones tastes. 

I appreciate your frustrations on the extremely poor past few seasons as the board will be just as much dissatisfied however that's the past and no point in hanging onto the past it's about the future now albeit learn from what has went wrong 

So no comment on who chose the Rangers socks then?

Although Cowden Cowboy has a valid point, it’s only socks so not really that important, it’s a bit of a own goal and a baffling decision.

Why would we/he (DF) choose to try and copy Rangers? even if the chairman has always supported them. What possible motivation or benefit is there to look like them? When it comes to scotland, the old firm think the world revolves around them and the rest despise the old firm. 

We are our own club, and no matter how small/ shit/ skint we are, we always keep our own identity surely?

Edited by big al

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM FOR THE BOARD RE BLACK SOCKS

- Cowdenbeath have historically played in blue/white socks

- Other than a spell in the 1950s/1960s/last few years when they wore red socks - before, incidentally, Old Rangers - which could be seen as a representation of the town's proud heritage

- The blurb on FootballNation states: "Round off your new home kit in style with the Cowdenbeath home socks 2018/19. This marks the first time the club has worn black socks as part of their home kit since 1935!" In the early to mid 30s, the socks were black and blue. I don't think anyone would have any problem with that.

- Many long-term fans have expressed concerns as to why black socks have been introduced to the kit only recently.

- They 'Might only be socks' but if supporters of a club with few supporters are ignored/dismissed, they will eventually question their loyalty

- Even though they might only be 'connotations', co-ordination of black and red-topped socks worn by a certain team in Scottish football are seen to represent certain abhorrent views

- There has been no actual explanation as to why  and, well, why, Cowdenbeath should and are going to wear Black/red socks, despite stated concerns by more than one supporter

- Cowdenbeath is a town of people with a fierce sense of identity who don't want to be seen as a mini Sevco Rangers

- If it's such a trivial issue, surely it can be put to the board that such mounted opposition from the small group of supporters should be taken into consideration and not dismissed with a sentence that starts... 'It's only'. It's more than that.

- Finally, supporters of any club should be encouraged to partake in any form of debate for the long-term health of the club.

VIVA COWDEN

Edited by Drifter

Being up to your knees in f*nian blood. He wore all black socks - a quick google search will back this up too.

Yes although that connotation is a complete fabrication - Rangers had those socks for years before that was ever suggested

Cheers lads, genuinely never heard of that one [emoji1303]

- Other than a spell in the 1950s/1960s/last few years when they wore red socks - before, incidentally, Old Rangers - which could be seen as a representation of the town's proud heritage
- The blurb on FootballNation states: "Round off your new home kit in style with the Cowdenbeath home socks 2018/19. This marks the first time the club has worn black socks as part of their home kit since 1935!" In the early to mid 30s, the socks were black and blue. I don't think anyone would have any problem with that.
- Many long-term fans have expressed concerns as to why black socks have been introduced to the kit only recently.
- They 'Might only be socks' but if supporters of a club with few supporters are ignored/dismissed, they will eventually question their loyalty
- Even though they might only be 'connotations', co-ordination of black and red-topped socks worn by a certain team in Scottish football are seen to represent certain abhorrent views
- There has been no actual explanation as to why  and, well, why, Cowdenbeath should and are going to wear Black/red socks, despite stated concerns by more than one supporter
- Cowdenbeath is a town of people with a fierce sense of identity who don't want to be seen as a mini Sevco Rangers
- If it's such a trivial issue, surely it can be put to the board that such mounted opposition from the small group of supporters should be taken into consideration and not dismissed with a sentence that starts... 'It's only'. It's more than that.
- Finally, supporters of any club should be encouraged to partake in any form of debate for the long-term health of the club.
VIVA COWDEN

This is all getting a bit manic. Like many as a boy in the sixties and seventies there would be a Rangers or a Celtic strip wrapped up for you on a Christmas or Birthday. I can never remember Cowdenbeath on the telly but I did look in awe at the different Cowdenbeath and Scotland strips in Fowlis’s window. That wasn’t a Glasgow team and that was what was authentic about coming from Cowdenbeath and going down to Central Park and watching those great teams playing in front of what these days would be massive crowds.
Today I always prefer the white socks, and seen the blue ones too but it has never bothered me like up at Cove when the team wore the black and red ones. It didn’t and doesn’t matter because my team survived to stay in the league, there’s an air of optimism about the club just now and we have a spring in our collective step again. Only time will tell if that is justified.
As we look to build again let’s not look for division and if there are concerns find the proper channels for constructive conversations.
Unity is important. Just have a look at the dirty laundry being discussed on other league 2 opponents threads and you can see all too clearly where we don’t want to be. And get down to the gala day and get yourself a cracking new authentic Cowdenbeath top on Saturday.

VIVA COWDEN

And I will pass on your comments to the Board. Quite happy to do so.

Well at least we are wearing the socks while we are still a Scottish league club.
I see that people are concerned about the possible message we are sending. I’m not sure I understand it fully and to be honest I don’t care.