Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

Just now, smpar said:

Jason Talbot? If so, League Two will be a walk in the park for him. He should absolutely stroll that division.

Good for bodying c***s as well. Got sent off in a friendly once, takes a right hard b*****d to do that.

Aye Jason.

What ive learnt about the last 2 friendlies is that this team wont be any pushovers or slackers. Will work hard as fcuk and some real hardy characters and winners in that team now.

Talbot is a quality signing so well done on that. Quick/Experienced/Hard in the challenge and good on the ball. 

With Gilfillan/Sheerin/Scott//Talbot/Cox and Mcgurn as well as Marsh - Decent experience and real leaders in the team. 

For me just lacking a central midfielder who can play a bit and be controlled on the ball. A harry paton type player. We are a decent lower league team now with a good mix of lads.

I dont want to jinx anything but I can see us not having same issues as previous seasons. 

To cowden cowboy hope there is room in budget for sfa fines....... the amount of yellows and reds we could pick up haha.

We took no prisoners last night in the challenges and great to see. Sick of our team being pushovers and being bounced about.

Talbot is a brilliant signing and one that I am delighted about.  That allows Swann to push up the pitch more.  

All I can say is that this Cove match is going to be brilliant :lol: 

Can onky echo the above about Talbot. Seemed to be out of the picture at the start of last season (so much so he lost his #3 squad number) but forced his way into the team and then was pretty consistent throughout the season. Could still do an adequate job for a lower Championship Team or a Raith/Dumbarton type going for promotion from League One. Good guy, captain material and plenty of experience. Hopefully the tide is turning and you stay well clear of the trapdoor this season.

33 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Shaun Rutherford better LB than Talbot IMHO. emoji6.png

In my time supporting Cowden we seemed to have a spell of having decent left backs - Kevin McBride, Laurie Ellis, Kenny Adamson, Scott Linton. 

Then there was Rutherford. 

2spooky

Slowly shaping up then and a bit more hope than this time last season.

still missing a football player to create but I guess most in this league say that.

When is the first game of season please? 

Never been into friendlies that much, have seen teams have great pre season and then start poorly and vice versa. They are just a way to build up towards the real stuff. 

2 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

In my time supporting Cowden we seemed to have a spell of having decent left backs - Kevin McBride, Laurie Ellis, Kenny Adamson, Scott Linton. 

Then there was Rutherford. 

2spooky

Rory mckeown was decent too

26 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

New signing to be officially confirmed today......you'll never guess who it is.....

Kick to the face

Thought we already signed Talbot.

Talbot is a monster of a player for League Two. Lost his place to a resurgent Lewis Martin but still looked a perfectly decent mid level Championship player. Hard to pick faults with him. Hard, hard tackler, comfortable on the ball, quick, can cross and shoot and can probably stand in at CB when required. If I was a fancy dan League Two right winger I'd be investing in some high grade shin pads.