Shortlees vs Hurlford Thistle - League Decider

The Mouth

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been playing/watching amateur football for 9 years now (except the last year or so), never known anything other than Hurlford domination.

This was the first time I've ever actually seen them lose a match!

Easily 1200+ there

Guest Mick Kennedy
Just now, sunnysider said:

Mick kennedy did u make the game 

and if u did honestly what u make of it

Yeh I made it down mate.

I thought Shortlees were excellent. As I would expect from Billy’s team well organised, disciplined and totally controlled game. 

Welldone Shortlees, Hurlford can have no complaints the hungriest team won, league tables don’t lie. A great cup and league double well deserved, I think people might be a little premature talking about the demise of the Thistle I’m sure they will be back next year for another go at it, maybe a few others will push on too and make it really interesting next year, that’s the great thing about football you just never know!

Yep man for man short lees were better only hurlford player up for it was Michael m and he was poor for high standard 

the right back may chuck after the night hay may never recover from that display from keir

4 minutes ago, sunnysider said:

Yep man for man short lees were better only hurlford player up for it was Michael m and he was poor for high standard 

the right back may chuck after the night hay may never recover from that display from keir

Right back got urrently ragdolled. 

Congratulations to Cunny, Billy and all the players at Shortlees. What an achievement.
Everyone associated with the club should be proud of what they have achieved this season. And a special mention to the Shorltess support, great to see a community come together to support their own. That support will mean more than any medal or trophy they will win.
Colville Park look forward to hosting the Scottish and Ayrshire champions at our annual Friendly 

Now this is a game I would like to see! Two top teams with top players, when will you be arranging this Mick?

Easily well over 1500 fans amazing,!!!!    Massive clean up operation underway now not from the fans mess.

For the mess that the Thistl£ left, they walked into the arena and completely shat it.

My 6 year old son is better than that wee Rab Love, Wee Wullie is on to trading standards trying to get a refund lol!

Massive respect to all the committee and volunteers for getting the park ready it looked brilliant.

Well done to all the players for playing for the scheme and pride.

Money can't buy you Respect!!!!!!

People will be talking about this for years

For months now the leess boy were told until u beat them in 90 mins they are still the top team in Ayrshire .try And answer back but they were true 

yous may have won the Scottish cup but the league table don't lie 

5-0 to the leeeeeasy think has shut them for good 

we came and caught the Devils 11 no more the lees are coming to get them 

A tough one for me last night being from crookedholm/hurlford but with family and loads of friends from shortlees so  would like to say I watched with neutral eyes lol. I haven't seen Thistle all season and seen The Lees twice. However, The Lees absolutely tore into what can only be described as a heartless and gutless Thistle team, after 5 minutes you could see Lee's were sharper, fitter, hungrier and above all a UNIT.  All you hear is Lee's are a 1 man team (Knapp) so f***ing what! for me a great amateur team is a starting 11 with 8 workers and honest players and 3 capable of obtaining a win out of nothing. Team spirit and comradery are the backbone of any great team and Lee's have it in abundance.

Just to remind everyone in case you didn't know Thistle did not have 1 shot on target. The defence were bullied although I have to admit Cargil looked injured and Mullen would have been as well staying in the house although some folk were saying he was injured too which begs the question of what Thistle's bench is like??.  Personally I think the management team at Thistle have became lazy and players just don't have the passion to go there anymore and that can only be down to the management team. Billy Mason and TC have huge respect in the amateur game and they have molded a great team together and I can't see that being challenged anytime soon.

Archived