UEFA Region's Cup

Never heard of this before but apperently its a tournament for amateurs and we are in it!

Well a bit of us is.

Central Scotland have just kicked off against Buzau and have just gone 1-0 up as I type.

Bit of history here.

http://www.uefa.com/regionscup/index.html

Anybody know anything about this? Were the Tartan Army informed?

Can't edit on mobile but reading a bit more, this is a qualifying tournament for the big event next summer so we know how those work out usually...

4 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

Never heard of this before but apperently its a tournament for amateurs and we are in it!

Well a bit of us is.

Central Scotland have just kicked off against Buzau and have just gone 1-0 up as I type.

Bit of history here.

http://www.uefa.com/regionscup/index.html

Anybody know anything about this? Were the Tartan Army informed?

I see Central Scotland lost to Midden in 2000.

We have an utterly dreadful record in the competition having never got past the first round... in 6 of the first 9 editions we finished bottom of the qualifying section, another 2 second bottom, and 1 time we finished 2nd top. We ended up so bad that we had to go through the "Pre Qualifying" with the minnows and microstates in 2015 (we did win the pool only... to promptly finished bottom of the qualifying section); last time out we had to go through "Pre Qualifying" again, and managed to improve on it to the extent of 2nd bottom; this time, we're once again starting out "Pre Qualifying".

It should be said we didn't help ourself in early editions: we entered an amateur club under guise of a region, IIRC? However 'East West Central Scotland' fared little better. Now a league select, IIRC.

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

We have an utterly dreadful record in the competition having never got past the first round... in 6 of the first 9 editions we finished bottom of the qualifying section, another 2 second bottom, and 1 time we finished 2nd top. We ended up so bad that we had to go through the "Pre Qualifying" with the minnows and microstates in 2015 (we did win the pool only... to promptly finished bottom of the qualifying section); last time out we had to go through "Pre Qualifying" again, and managed to improve on it to the extent of 2nd bottom; this time, we're once again starting out "Pre Qualifying".

It should be said we didn't help ourself in early editions: we entered an amateur club under guise of a region, IIRC? However 'East West Central Scotland' fared little better. Now a league select, IIRC.

I suppose we’ve got to be bad at something Hibee. 

Archived