Egypt v Uruguay

nsr

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Saw this on the Guardian

Russia just whipped Saudi Arabia and looked decent, are at home as hosts and probably only need a draw to progess. Are the English media too invested in Salah having a good world cup to give fair analysis of Egypt.

of course they are - the english media are a set of utter c***s; it's a shame egypt and england cannot meet until the semi-finals at the earliest (which is obviously not going to happen on so many levels) - i'd love all this pro-mo shite to blow up in their faces were he able to bang in a hattrick to humiliate england in the 2nd round...

28 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

Haven't read the entire thread, so sorry if someone already said that Muslims don't like crosses. 

Do they Mecca mess of them?

32 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Martin Keown - Uruguay win against the run of play.

Suarez had three gilt edged chances, Cavani had two good volleys from distance, one brilliantly saved by the keeper, and a free kick against the post.

Egypt had one(?) shot on target? 

I know Uruguay were poorer than you’d expect and Egypt probably better, but come on to f**k, stop talking pish.

I only followed the match via the BBC text updates and noticed Keown's comments - sorry Egypt lost because Uruguay didn't create a thing or something along those lines. They were totally at odds with the in play highlights which showed Suarez miss three sitters. 

3 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Suarez seems to have lost a 'yard of pace'. In his Liverpool days he was electric, looked really lethargic yesterday, along with the whole team.

At least he knows what day it is.

1 minute ago, Cerberus said:

Uruguay is cool.
A smaller population and economy than Scotland but produces total #ballers.

Also unlike Scotland they didn't shite it and took their independence. 

Uruguay also has a town called Fray Bentos.

Archived