Peru vs Denmark

1 hour ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Very late flag there, is that part of the 'don't flag for marginal offsides' aspect?

I wondered at the time about that; looking at it again the Lino is in line with what he thinks is the last Danish player and does not see the two Danish guys on the goal line and gives offside against the player in front of the Peru guy who sclaffed it. He would have flagged against Cuevas after he touched the ball? No one on TV appears to have asked for VAR to clear it up. Maybe Douglas Ross is almost FIFA standard after all.  Sorry I don't know any of the players names!

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wondered at the time about that; looking at it again the Lino is in line with what he thinks is the last Danish player and does not see the two Danish guys on the goal line and gives offside against the player in front of the Peru guy who sclaffed it. He would have flagged against Cuevas after he touched the ball? No one on TV appears to have asked for VAR to clear it up. Maybe Douglas Ross is almost FIFA standard after all.  Sorry I don't know any of the players names!

One question I have with the VAR and offside aspect that someone on here might know the answer to is what happens if a marginal offside isn't flagged by the linesman but the ball goes out for a corner. The corner is then scored from. Would VAR go back to the offside not previously flagged which led to the corner or is that too far behind for VAR to take it into account?

1 minute ago, Jmothecat2 said:

One question I have with the VAR and offside aspect that someone on here might know the answer to is what happens if a marginal offside isn't flagged by the linesman but the ball goes out for a corner. The corner is then scored from. Would VAR go back to the offside not previously flagged which led to the corner or is that too far behind for VAR to take it into account?

Something about it does not happen if play has been restarted if I understood the peculiar accent of Mark Clattenburg on ITV?  But they have mucked about so much with offside that it could be another answer.

Archived