Peru vs Denmark

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't really understand why this penalty in this game was any more 'clear and obvious' than the France one. Both are penalties. It's as clear cut as that.

Yup. And VAR cleared it up in less than a minute.

11 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

For years pundits have been giving it the whole 'ah but ah but ah but, footballs not stop/start it can't ever work, will destroy the flow, people will want replays for throw ins etc'
I think the tourney so far has utterly dispelled any doubts over VAR.

Just to speed it up a bit. They could play on while the referee sends the linesman to check the telly.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Just to speed it up a bit. They could play on while the referee sends the linesman to check the telly.

Is that not what happens? The video ref has a look while play goes on, and tells the ref to look at it whenever the balls "neutral" if he reckons it's the wrong decision to play on? 

Is that not what happens? The video ref has a look while play goes on, and tells the ref to look at it whenever the balls "neutral" if he reckons it's the wrong decision to play on? 

In which case, won’t most VAR reviews end up as penalties?

Just now, JamieStevenson said:

Denmark are a team full of big donkeys.

Bendtner isn't even on yet.

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

In which case, won’t most VAR reviews end up as penalties?

How? 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They don't send the linesman.

Kidding aside, Lineker couldn't understand why the ref didn't just take the VAR's  word for it.

4 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

For all the abuse VAR has had so far, that’s exactly how it should be used. Would love to also use VAR to review if that penalty crossed the Russian border?

Mate that's a belter. 

Just now, Savage Henry said:

Well, most referrals will result in overturned decisions. That’s perhaps what I should have said.

Seems that way. I imagine there's far more decisions the video refs look at that aren't referred, than ones that are. 

Archived