Alcohol and Football

Justboy96

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

They can. In Scottish Law you can't drink travelling to oe from a game ie on a supporters bus. 

You can only drink in designated areas in grounds ie not in or around the stands. If hospitality suites overlook the pitch dri k can only be served before and after the game.

And at half time? Fort William close the blinds on the windows during the game which is annoying when it's pissing down, you get a crap view from around the pitch anyway.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 03/07/2018 at 10:27, The Moonster said:

What is Scottish Law on this issue though?  You can get into Peterhead's social club at half time for a pint, why wouldn't Berwick be able to offer the same?

Drinking on buses/trains on route to the Football is illegal under the Criminal Law (Consolidation) Act which is what my dissertation is on. In terms of drinking at stadiums, there's been a ban  on that since the 1980's I think

Drinking on trains en route to the football isn't illegal. I've done it plenty of times as have loads of others, including times when we've all been wearing football colours.

In fact they have to put up special notices and make announcements when they want dry trains, as it's assumed folk will have a beer or whatever if they don't.

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Drinking on trains en route to the football isn't illegal. I've done it plenty of times as have loads of others, including times when we've all been wearing football colours.

In fact they have to put up special notices and make announcements when they want dry trains, as it's assumed folk will have a beer or whatever if they don't.

It can be under the Criminal Law (Consolidation) Act (1995)

Archived