Drug deaths in Scotland hit record high

I think if tibbermoresaint made any sort of effort to actually understand the things he they talk about, they wouldn't post so much.

I'd love to live in a world where you could simply stop people being addicts. Then again... I'd also love to f**k Beyonce. I'm a realist though.

1 minute ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

It would be pretty hypocritical of me to demand one policy for the commonality and one for my family.

It's pretty heartless of you to leave people dying on the streets, whether it's the general public or your relative.

Do you think we shouldn't try to stop there being new ones?

I think we should try to tackle the factors which lead to people being drug addicts, but also acknowledge that it would be extremely difficult (if not impossible), and that bringing the number of drug addicts down to zero is an unachievable goal.

Therefore, we, as a society, need some way to try to deal with the inevitability that some people will be drug addicts in a way that is most beneficial to society. That, to me, is trying to help that person away from drug addiction towards a mire productive future, as far as is possible.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

I hate to break a brutal truth to you.

These support role are amongst the lowest paid and least desirable jobs in the country. Whilst some people are happy to dedicate their lives to helping others, for a lot of people this will be about the only job they can get. People need to eat. There isn't exactly an army of people wanting to struggle on minimum wage and then go to work and spend time with people who want to through their lives away. I am always surprised when I discover someone for whom this type of work is a genuine vocation II certainly couldn't do it and I don't know many who could tolerate it.

I have to break a brutal truth to you.

The person I posted about is nowhere near the lowest paid in the country, wage or lack of it doesn't always equate to who gives a shit, if it did then all rather than most nurses would give a shit.

Edited by ayrmad

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I think we should try to tackle the factors which lead to people being drug addicts, but also acknowledge that it would be extremely difficult (if not impossible), and that bringing the number of drug addicts down to zero is an unachievable goal.

Therefore, we, as a society, need some way to try to deal with the inevitability that some people will be drug addicts in a way that is most beneficial to society. That, to me, is trying to help that person away from drug addiction towards a mire productive future, as far as is possible.

You seem to think we need to tolerate junkies in society. That's negative and defeatist because we don't. And we shouldn't.

Being a junkie is a choice. We need to ensure people don't make that choice.

1 minute ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

You seem to think we need to tolerate junkies in society. That's negative and defeatist because we don't. And we shouldn't.

Being a junkie is a choice. We need to ensure people don't make that choice.

We don't need to tolerate junkies in society, we need to find ways to lessen the numbers of both existing and future ones, it ain't going to happen with your approach.