Championship Golden Boot

As expected the golden boot will be between the two outstanding players of this division.

After the Dundee away game I was expecting Shankland to run away with it but 2 weeks out has allowed Dobbie back into it.

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

As expected the golden boot will be between the two outstanding players of this division.

After the Dundee away game I was expecting Shankland to run away with it but 2 weeks out has allowed Dobbie back into it.

And had Dobbie not done his hamstring celebrating scoring the winner against Thistle at the start of Dec, missing three league games, he wouldn’t have been playing catch up.

15 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

That’s debatable

As debates go, it would be a short one. Given that he’s scored 32 goals in all competitions already, and that two of the games he missed were against Alloa and Dunfermline, it’s pretty much a given he’d have added to his tally.

As debates go, it would be a short one. Given that he’s scored 32 goals in all competitions already, and that two of the games he missed were against Alloa and Dunfermline, it’s pretty much a given he’d have added to his tally.

Ok then

I will assume that Shankland would’ve scored against Falkirk and ICT had he played.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Ok then

I will assume that Shankland would’ve scored against Falkirk and ICT had he played.

Dobbie’s longest run of games in the league without scoring this season is 2. He was never going three in a row without scoring. It may way go all the way to the end of the season, but Shankland is never going to run away with it.

Dobbie’s longest run of games in the league without scoring this season is 2. He was never going three in a row without scoring. It may way go all the way to the end of the season, but Shankland is never going to run away with it.

I didn’t say he will

I simply said after he put 4 past Dundee Utd at Tannadice it would start a scoring run. He scored 2 against Ross County the following week but hasn’t scored since.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I didn’t say he will

I simply said after he put 4 past Dundee Utd at Tannadice it would start a scoring run. He scored 2 against Ross County the following week but hasn’t scored since.

Apart from the bit where you said ‘After the Dundee away game I was expecting Shankland to run away with it.’

Apart from the bit where you said ‘After the Dundee away game I was expecting Shankland to run away with it.’

“I was” indicating past tense

I don’t think he will now but after that game considering Dobbie was still injured I thought he would.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I didn’t say he will

Thot the same when Dobbie scored 4 v Ayr at palmerston and he ain't stopped since. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Well he has

In fact there’s been 8 games since that game that he hasn’t scored in, including two against Ayr.

Dobbie wasn’t remotely match fit in the last game against Ayr, his first game back since his hamstring tear. He’s just getting back up to full speed now.

Nevertheless, injuries notwithstanding, it’ll be an interesting contest between them for the rest of the season. No-one else is remotely in the race, a testament to the quality of both players.

Dobbie wasn’t remotely match fit in the last game against Ayr, his first game back since his hamstring tear. He’s just getting back up to full speed now.
Nevertheless, injuries notwithstanding, it’ll be an interesting contest between them for the rest of the season. No-one else is remotely in the race, a testament to the quality of both players.

Both players are obviously good enough to play in the Premiership. McKay is the closest but he’s never looked anywhere near the quality of Shankland or Dobbie.