Israel lobby v Corbyn

Jdog

11 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

They have received a complaint so they must investigate it as per standard practice.

I'm pretty sure anyone with an ounce of sense can see this IS a "hatchet job".

What you should understand here is the wording of the report which is, "The Labour party may have",  "the EHRC said it was considering"

Further down, we see where this has all come from,

Gideon Falter, of the Campaign Against Anti-Semitism, said his group had been "forced" to "seek an external, impartial investigation" after calls from the Jewish community for tougher action from Labour officials had been "persistently rebuffed".

The Jewish Labour Movement said it made a submission to the EHRC in November last year, asking it to investigate the allegation that the Labour Party was "institutionally anti-Semitic".

Dame Margaret Hodge welcomed the EHRC announcement, saying "faith in Labour's complaints process is at rock bottom" and it was "essential the EHRC make all necessary inquiries"

It doesn't take the brain of Britain to see who's behind all this and they just keep chipping away to ensure that any chance of a left leaning centre Gov is put to bed forever.

It really is a shocking state of affairs................

The use of language is standard fare for such an article that is not unique to Corbyn or Labour. Also its complaints not a complaint.

All i'm saying is it's a dangerous game to just completely write something off when they're clearly concerned individuals  coming forward with their experiences. I don't mean to be rude but Detournement comes across as a complete conspiracy theory nut job and looking at your posts you seem to love yourself a wee conspiracy as well. When you cry conspiracy all the time it makes me question your argument when discussing something where the lines are a bit more blurred.      

Edited by Londonwell

Just now, Londonwell said:

The use of language is standard fare for such an article that is not unique to Corbyn or Labour.

Also its complaints not a complaint. All i'm saying is it's a dangerous game to just completely write something off when they're clearly concerned individuals  coming forward with their experiences. I don't mean to be rude but Detournment comes across as a complete conspiracy theory nut job and looking at your posts you seem to love yourself a wee conspiracy as well. When you cry conspiracy all the time it makes me question your argument when discussing something where the lines are a bit more blurred.      

If the left leaning Jewish branch of Labour thought there was a serious issue with anti semitism within the party and if someone / anyone could actually give us examples of this, then I might begin to believe it, however the facts (or lack of) as they've been presented, can only point to one thing and that's a hatchet job on Corbyn and the left of the party in general.

I'd also add to that the statement from Siobhain McDonagh where she let the mask slip when she stated that anyone who was "anti capitalist" was "anti semitic", that in a nutshell confirms my suspicions and the fact that this has almost been covered up by the msm tells us all everything that we need to know I'm afraid.................

Absolutely class that Jim Murphy’s trying to score brownie points for criticising anti-semitism in the party despite his last major intervention in the party being to block the only Jewish NEC candidate’s nomination. You love to see it.

15 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

looking at your posts you seem to love yourself a wee conspiracy as well.

There's no doubt that I have become very cynical in my old age, however what I've had to deal with over the years and knowing how things work in the corporate world has convinced me that anything is possible where money and power are concerned.

All I'm saying, is that it DEFINITELY corrupts...........

16 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Absolutely class that Jim Murphy’s trying to score brownie points for criticising anti-semitism in the party despite his last major intervention in the party being to block the only Jewish NEC candidate’s nomination. You love to see it.

I didn’t know Jim Murphy was still a thing. 

There doesn't have to be a binary choice between "there is a problem" and "it's a hatchet job". Many of those using it to try and bury Corbyn probably don't really give a shit but because of the party leader, they're acting up in arms. But that doesn't mean there isn't a problem. 

I'd be inclined to believe that it's a minor problem being blown up.

19 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

There doesn't have to be a binary choice between "there is a problem" and "it's a hatchet job". Many of those using it to try and bury Corbyn probably don't really give a shit but because of the party leader, they're acting up in arms. But that doesn't mean there isn't a problem. 

I'd be inclined to believe that it's a minor problem being blown up.

Probably fair, but again probably no different from anti semitism encountered in the Conservative party, Lib Dems or SNP.

39 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

I didn’t know Jim Murphy was still a thing. 

No, the old Blairites are all coming out of the woodwork (coincidence) ?

I also see Dugdale has been rather prominent these last few days also. make of that what you will.

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Minister who was responsible for wrongly deporting Black people makes racist comment live on the BBC. 

Labour has the problem though....

In fairness, I don't see the problem here.

Like Amber Rudd, I was brought up in the era where we HAD to refer to Black people as "coloured" or it was seen as "racist". We also had phases of "Negro" was the "right thing to say" and then it was seen as "deeply offensive", frankly I struggle to keep up with it all..............

In fairness, I don't see the problem here.
Like Amber Rudd, I was brought up in the era where we HAD to refer to Black people as "coloured" or it was seen as "racist". We also had phases of "Negro" was the "right thing to say" and then it was seen as "deeply offensive", frankly I struggle to keep up with it all..............

You’re telling me a former Home Secretary wouldn’t be aware that she shouldn’t call people “coloured”? I said this in another thread but she’s presided over racist policy and has now been racist even when trying to make an anti-racist point. I don’t think she’s remotely entitled to be given the benefit of the doubt.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

You’re telling me a former Home Secretary wouldn’t be aware that she shouldn’t call people “coloured”? I said this in another thread but she’s presided over racist policy and has now been racist even when trying to make an anti-racist point. I don’t think she’s remotely entitled to be given the benefit of the doubt.

Fair enough, given her position she probably should be more careful with her words as should Bradley who's "crime" I'd say is far greater.

I just think there's far more important things we should be worrying about rather than who may or may not be offended by something this week because someone has decided that last weeks acceptable language now isn't "fit for purpose" etc, etc.

It's strange times that we're living through...........

The worrying thing for me is the self policing "censorship" that's now prevalent in society. Nobody can give an honest answer or opinion without someone somewhere taking offence and then everyone else ripping it to shreds.

It's becoming pointless asking anyone in Government or in the media spotlight to give an interview or to give their thoughts on anything, as everything will need to be proof read, sanitised and checked over by a team of lawyers before answering.

This is rapidly where we're heading and the irony is that so called "liberals" think this is normal...............

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The worrying thing for me is the self policing "censorship" that's now prevalent in society. Nobody can give an honest answer or opinion without someone somewhere taking offence and then everyone else ripping it to shreds.

It's becoming pointless asking anyone in Government or in the media spotlight to give an interview or to give their thoughts on anything, as everything will need to be proof read, sanitised and checked over by a team of lawyers before answering.

This is rapidly where we're heading and the irony is that so called "liberals" think this is normal...............

It's just basic politeness, not labeling people in a way they don't like. Outside darkest Ayrshire it's been known for decades that it's rude to use "coloured" to refer to black people. Good old fashioned manners, not political correctness gone mad.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's just basic politeness, not labeling people in a way they don't like. Outside darkest Ayrshire it's been known for decades that it's rude to use "coloured" to refer to black people. Good old fashioned manners, not political correctness gone mad.

How do you know how "black people" want to be labelled ??

What made "black" wrong 20 years ago and "Coloured" correct 20 years ago ???

Who makes these rules and how do they come to their conclusions ????

I'm honestly intrigued.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

How do you know how "black people" want to be labelled ??

What made "black" wrong 20 years ago and "Coloured" correct 20 years ago ???

Who makes these rules and how do they come to their conclusions ????

I'm honestly intrigued.

Evolution.

Fair enough, given her position she probably should be more careful with her words as should Bradley who's "crime" I'd say is far greater.
I just think there's far more important things we should be worrying about rather than who may or may not be offended by something this week because someone has decided that last weeks acceptable language now isn't "fit for purpose" etc, etc.
It's strange times that we're living through...........
Too true. The wife and I now point blank refuse to watch any telly programme that doesn't contain scenes that may upset us