Israel lobby v Corbyn

Jdog

1 minute ago, dirty dingus said:

The paper review on Radio Scotlandshire basically said it was an albatross round Labours neck that they'll unlikely get rid off. They did kind of concede that it's a go to  tool for the Tory press and said there would be an anti Islam story out tomorrow in the left leaning press to slander the tories. So tit for tat deflection stuff.

Can’t recall any anti-Islam Tory stuff dominating the news for days on end the way this issue was just a couple of months back.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Can’t recall any anti-Islam Tory stuff dominating the news for days on end the way this issue was just a couple of months back.

Aye, and 'couple of months back' is exactly the point.  To quote yourself Granny, you repeatedly (and correctly IMO) asked for tangible evidence of Anti-Semitism within Labour; to my knowledge none has been forthcoming in that intervening period, and there is a limit to the public's credulity when all that is repeatedly presented to them is veiled smears, unattributed quotes, vague remarks and third-hand anecdotal evidence.

Berger, Hodge, Mann and the lot of them can fulminate sanctimoniously all they want; until they can produce the goods they should be sidelined by the media.

As a history teacher who works regularly with Holocaust educational trust materials, I don't think they do enough to highlight other genocides (slightly different to what she said, but not a million miles away).

I'm not sure if that makes me anti-Semitic or not though.

Thomas Jones made the point (at least a couple of years back after the Livingstone scandal) that the suspensions for anti-semitism amounted to 0.4% of the PLP, 0.07% of the councillors and 0.012% of the membership amounting to about 56 individuals. I generally agree with Richard Seymour that "while critics had been right to be outraged at specific incidents of anti-semitism, and some of Corbyn's supporters had been mistaken to adopt a defensive position, there was no basis for the claim that Corbyn had turned Labour into a hothouse of anti-Jewish hatred, or that anti-Israel attitudes were in general translating into anti-semitism." 

JLM has passed a motion condemning Corbyn.  

Apparently he is not fit to lead the Labour Party because he’s not a Zionist.

The best thing would be if they all fucked off but they’ll probably be pandered to instead.

3 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

Labour - We're sick of all this anti semite shit, let's have some good old gypsy hating instead.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-47853418

Every political party has some  absolute wrong-uns in it so this isn't just a dig at Labour, but, seriously how fucking thick do you have to be as an elected rep to put stuff like that on a public forum? And while we are at it how do the brain dead like him get through vetting?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47924025

I'm obviously missing something here, but surely the REAL story should be the disgraceful antics of Hodge arranging a "private" meeting with her party leader and then secretly taping said "private" conversation and then passing it to the press.

I also find the timing of this extremely interesting, once again as Labour are appearing to be leading the polls, "one of their own" appears with a sideshow trick in an attempt to sabotage their own leader and party.

Firstly I'd wonder what her motivation is and secondly I'd wonder who's pulling her strings ? 

Hodge should be thrown out the party for this at a bare minimum............

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47924025

I'm obviously missing something here, but surely the REAL story should be the disgraceful antics of Hodge arranging a "private" meeting with her party leader and then secretly taping said "private" conversation and then passing it to the press.

I also find the timing of this extremely interesting, once again as Labour are appearing to be leading the polls, "one of their own" appears with a sideshow trick in an attempt to sabotage their own leader and party.

Firstly I'd wonder what her motivation is and secondly I'd wonder who's pulling her strings ? 

Hodge should be thrown out the party for this at a bare minimum............

Her motivation is obvious but I don’t think anyone is “pulling her strings”; it’s very much self driven.

37 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Her motivation is obvious but I don’t think anyone is “pulling her strings”; it’s very much self driven.

I just can't help but think that if it was so simple she'd have been drummed out ages ago.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Don't get why she released the tape, it puts Corbyn in a good light, explaining what he's doing to improve the process for investigating and dealing with cases of alleged anti semitism.

The details don't matter just the negative impression the headlines make.

This is probably less of an issue for Labour than Brexit.