St Johnstone vs. Dees, Saturday 25th August.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Our creative qualities are probably one of the few things we have going for us right now. Yesterday and last week being the exception.

I just don't want to see the boy making the wrong move when it comes, football is littered with careers wasted through bad choices.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I just don't want to see the boy making the wrong move when it comes, football is littered with careers wasted through bad choices.

Let's not forget he's had chances at premiership level before. Half a dozen decent games in the championship doesn't make a player.

Just now, tree house tam said:

Let's not forget he's had chances at premiership level before. Half a dozen decent games in the championship doesn't make a player.

This Lawrence Shankland is the one I'm judging, I'm fairly confident he'll move down south for nowt if he stays at Ayr for the season, no transfer fee in the summer will take the Dundee' of this world out of the equation IMO.

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

This Lawrence Shankland is the one I'm judging, I'm fairly confident he'll move down south for nowt if he stays at Ayr for the season, no transfer fee in the summer will take the Dundee' of this world out of the equation IMO.

Will it? When it's only the likes of Fylde that have been interested so far? How many English clubs do you see picking up players from the Scottish Championship? It's very rare. I don't think he'll ever come to Dundee, but that's purely because we won't pay your asking price as opposed to anything else and come the end of the season a Hibs/Hearts type may take a punt.

3 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

At what level?

Stevie May scored 27 goals in one season for us, 20 in the Premiership, and a few in Europe. He also played in a Scottish Cup winning team. He was 21 years old, and a regular u21 international, and had scored a barrowload of goals at both of his loan spells in lower leagues as well.

He joined Sheffield Wednesday in the bottom half of the English championship.  So what league do you see Shankland going to?

5 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Detest him but think McGowan in saints midfield would really finalise our team this season. So much goes through him etc. Would have been a good capture.

Yes agreed.

I think Kamara would be brilliant for us as well. The perfect style of player.

Yes agreed.
I think Kamara would be brilliant for us as well. The perfect style of player.
Totally agree. The final piece we are missing is that style of player. Fingers Crossed we can unearth our own good one. TW 3 out of 3 so far with summer recruitment... Let's hope it's 4

Just imagine if we’d held onto Chris millar.  He was perhaps giving us diminishing returns but we’re unlikely to get anyone as good as him at what he did with so little time left in the window. 

9 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Detest him but think McGowan in saints midfield would really finalise our team this season. So much goes through him etc. Would have been a good capture.

It was a bit bizarre that Tommy came out and publicly announced he was after McGowan. After our past with him, there was absolutely no chance he was ever leaving. He'll be at Dens until a manager offloads him. He's been one of our weaker links so far this season if honest.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Will it? When it's only the likes of Fylde that have been interested so far? How many English clubs do you see picking up players from the Scottish Championship? It's very rare. I don't think he'll ever come to Dundee, but that's purely because we won't pay your asking price as opposed to anything else and come the end of the season a Hibs/Hearts type may take a punt.

He already chose Ayr over Hearts as he saw it as better for his progression, they may well come back in for him but I think his game is suited to England and will be worth a punt for a fairly decent sized team, I read all the posts this time last season from fans of clubs he'd been at, none of them intimated that he had all the battling qualities of Dixie Ingram with a serious eye for goal with either foot thrown in, I'll judge him on what I'm seeing.

Just imagine if we’d held onto Chris millar.  He was perhaps giving us diminishing returns but we’re unlikely to get anyone as good as him at what he did with so little time left in the window. 
I agree with decision to let Millar go. Think he would have been lucky to play 10 to 15 games this season.

It was a bit bizarre that Tommy came out and publicly announced he was after McGowan. After our past with him, there was absolutely no chance he was ever leaving. He'll be at Dens until a manager offloads him. He's been one of our weaker links so far this season if honest.
Probably all to do with the fall out with McCann but I know he is a fan and wanted him to replace Chris millar

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Why? If he has his targets and they are still available then it doesn't matter how late in the month it is. It's Broon who needs to get his act together.

Just now, ayrmad said:

He already chose Ayr over Hearts as he saw it as better for his progression, they may well come back in for him but I think his game is suited to England and will be worth a punt for a fairly decent sized team, I read all the posts this time last season from fans of clubs he'd been at, none of them intimated that he had all the battling qualities of Dixie Ingram with a serious eye for goal with either foot thrown in, I'll judge him on what I'm seeing.

Because he wasn't guaranteed playing time.

Look, I'm not questioning his ability, far from it, but if a side in the top flight agreed a deal with Ayr, there's absolutely no doubts he'd leave if promised first team football.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Because he wasn't guaranteed playing time.

Look, I'm not questioning his ability, far from it, but if a side in the top flight agreed a deal with Ayr, there's absolutely no doubts he'd leave if promised first team football.

How many players actually get guaranteed 1st team football?

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

Why? If he has his targets and they are still available then it doesn't matter how late in the month it is. It's Broon who needs to get his act together.

Because we currently have a Chris Millar shaped hole in our team. We’re 8 games into the competitive season now and we have 5 days left to sign a player who could be the difference between a top 6 push and 8th/9th. The 3 outfield signings have been excellent so far so I still have faith the manager/chairman will get it right. I do think we need someone though, especially if Davidson is going to be out for a while . 

I agree that Millar wouldn’t have played many games, but I don’t think that’s based on his ability as a footballer. 

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

How many players actually get guaranteed 1st team football?

One's that clubs in Scotland are willing to pay a transfer fee for usually.

See Jack Hamilton for us.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

One's that clubs in Scotland are willing to pay a transfer fee for usually.

See Jack Hamilton for us.

You only offered £70k, his performance against you earned us far more.

Archived