St Johnstone vs. Dees, Saturday 25th August.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Kyle said:

Key with Hendry will be getting him games out on loan and keeping him fit after so much disruption in his earlier career. He had one or two outstanding touches yesterday. 

A striker you say? We'll take him.

Just now, Girth said:

Has Shanks signed for the Dee yet?

Ayrmad - As you’re his Dad can you get us some discount please? Say £50k.

Thank you.

I like our future managers negotiating style.

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

Key with Hendry will be getting him games out on loan and keeping him fit after so much disruption in his earlier career. He had one or two outstanding touches yesterday. 

One of them on the East Stand side he played a great flick in to Watt, who if he hadn't held onto the ball so long, could have played Hendry through for a clear run on goal.

1 minute ago, Girth said:

Mate - I’m already on the phone looking for some obscure French strikers. Matthieu Manset would actually be a great shout tbf.

You're based down South right? Get working on Macauley Bonne.

40 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I'd hope we were monitoring the Shankland situation as well.  Speak to Watt about an extension, and if it's fairly certain he's looking for a bigger club next season then let's be prepared.  Could attempt to sign Shankland now and loan him back to Ayr until January.

I know it's not really in our way of doing things, but a transfer fee for a young up and coming goalscorer with sell-on potential should definitely be considered.

^ doesn't remember Michael Moore... 

Paying money for strikers who score in League One is a fools game, a genuinely fucking diddy achievement. Shanklands started the season well but it's absolutely laughable how highly this Ayr fan talks about him, Chris Kane ran the Championship ragged, twice, yet looks nothing more than a bang average bottom half forward. 

Shanklands only options down south will be League Two level. 

20 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Shankland doesn't think anything of the kind, he thinks he score at a higher level, I couldn't agree more with him.

Without being disrespectful, he'd have left you in the Summer if he genuinely believed that. Players like Craig Sibbald took a wage cut and a risk in terms of mot being a regular to play at the top level, Shankland was happy to stay in his comfort zone at Ayr. 

Either that or he didn't receive any offers, which makes your mewling over getting a six figure fee even more laughable. 

16 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

A striker you say? We'll take him.

He genuinely looked better in his cameo yesterday than all of your strikers combined. 

2 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I actually don't. When was this?

Years ago :lol: prolific for some lower league team, hyped as a massive prospect, we paid a fee, and he scored about two goals for us before slinking back to the seaside where he spent the rest of his career. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Without being disrespectful, he'd have left you in the Summer if he genuinely believed that. Players like Craig Sibbald took a wage cut and a risk in terms of mot being a regular to play at the top level, Shankland was happy to stay in his comfort zone at Ayr. 

Either that or he didn't receive any offers, which makes your mewling over getting a six figure fee even more laughable. 

He genuinely looked better in his cameo yesterday than all of your strikers combined. 

Nah, another season with us will do him the world of good, he'll keep developing here then strut his stuff elsewhere next season, where I've no idea but it won't be at Dundee or St Johnstone.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've absolutely no doubts about it.

A strikeforce of Mendy, Wighton, Moussa and Kallman is beginning to look like the weakest forward line we've had since Jani Sturm, Bob Davidson, Derek Lyle, Jan Zemlik and Andy McLaren. And I bet Lyle and McLaren would have more goals than our strikeforce has currently.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Years ago :lol: prolific for some lower league team, hyped as a massive prospect, we paid a fee, and he scored about two goals for us before slinking back to the seaside where he spent the rest of his career. 

Michael Moore at his peak wouldn't be allowed near Shankland' boots.

2 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Michael Moore at his peak wouldn't be allowed near Shankland' boots.

I'm not comparing them directly, just highlighting why clubs at our level will rarely pay fees for players scoring in the lower tiers. 

4 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Nah, another season with us will do him the world of good, he'll keep developing here then strut his stuff elsewhere next season, where I've no idea but it won't be at Dundee or St Johnstone.

Maybe, I suspect you're setting yourself up for a disappointment though. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm not comparing them directly, just highlighting why clubs at our level will rarely pay fees for players scoring in the lower tiers. 

Maybe, I suspect you're setting yourself up for a disappointment though. 

I'll be delighted just to watch him for the rest of the season, anything he does after that will only affect himself and his family.

I'll reiterate, I'll be delighted when he goes for heehaw next summer, most of the Ayr fans will wholeheartedly agree, that might change if we complete the miracle and do a Livi.

Archived