Forfar v Stranraer 18.08

Play like last Saturday and we could win, play like last Tuesday and we'll lose.

Expect Kelly back on the bench with Muir.  Whyte back in at left back - might stick with Travis and Munro leaving Wilson on the bench.  Hilson should start if he's fit and I've no idea how JW will accommodate Bain, Moore, Fraser and Easton into 2 midfield spots if Hilson is fit.

MacKintosh and Reilly are our 2 starting central midfield players for now. 

'mon the Loons

Play like last Saturday and we could win, play like last Tuesday and we'll lose.
Expect Kelly back on the bench with Muir.  Whyte back in at left back - might stick with Travis and Munro leaving Wilson on the bench.  Hilson should start if he's fit and I've no idea how JW will accommodate Bain, Moore, Fraser and Easton into 2 midfield spots if Hilson is fit.
'mon the Loons

I think it might just be a case of turn up and play and you’ll win.

6 hours ago, dee_62 said:

'mon the Loons

Don't think Fraser or Easton did enough on Tuesday night to give J.W. any headaches.

11 hours ago, victormeldrew said:

Don't think Fraser or Easton did enough on Tuesday night to give J.W. any headaches.

Lets hope Jim doesn't base everything on an Irn Bru cup game. 

Two of the top players in the league, get them in.

Lets hope Jim doesn't base everything on an Irn Bru cup game. 
Two of the top players in the league, get them in.

Hope Gary comes good. He’s not done it for me yet though.
Easton has been great early season but dropped for the Dumbarton game and we played well. Not sure what’s going on there.

9 hours ago, dee_62 said:

Hope Gary comes good. He’s not done it for me yet though.
Easton has been great early season but dropped for the Dumbarton game and we played well. Not sure what’s going on there.

Fraser has had very little competitive action i'd be getting him in as soon as possible.

Easton would be my first name on the team sheet.

Flat Lethargic Lifeless Boring.
Nothing else left to say.

Very poor today, was looking forward to this thinking we could score 3 or 4.

70th minute or so until arguably our most influential attacking player came on, baffled at the fact he was left on the bench!

Easton & Fraser surely have to be in the line up, no matter what!

Forgettable 90mins there. Reilly off the boil since halftime at Dumbarton.

When Hilson and Baird link up it looks great. Unfortunately there was nothing today and it looks dreadful. 2nd half, nothing stuck up front. Ball was coming back at our defence constantly.

Good luck to FAFC TV trying to put a highlights package for that game.

How about some footage of Dylan warming up?

Or Martin calling Coupe over from the other touch line at halftime and sending him to the stand before pissing himself laughing with Malone and Kennedy. Any guesses? Would he have told him he was going on? If so, that’s the match highlight right there.

17 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

Or Martin calling Coupe over from the other touch line at halftime and sending him to the stand before pissing himself laughing with Malone and Kennedy. Any guesses? Would he have told him he was going on? If so, that’s the match highlight right there.

Forgot about that. Must've been what he was saying, Malone was in bits. 

Utterly dreadful game but a decent point for us at a venue where we rarely come away with much.

Second half marginally better than an awful first half, although it was in the first that Anderson hit the woodwork.

Thought we were the better team as the game approached the end, but the shots we did get off were all hit straight at the keeper. Layne off injured again - is this becoming a theme?

Poor game, 2 flat teams and a referee who officiated like a fussy old woman.

From a Stranraer POV was nice to see Neil and Stuart both taking in the game from the Directors’ box.

Guest bernardblack

Serious question: does Moore have a clause in his loan deal where he HAS to play? I like him and he’s a great addition to the squad but Easton should be starting ahead of him

Archived