Montrose v Dumbarton

Boghead ranter

6 hours ago, optimistic said:

What’s the chances of a postponement before Saturday, due to us not being able to field a full team?

Nil. You don't need 11 players to play a game either:

A match is played by two teams, each with a maximum of eleven players; one must be the goalkeeper. A match may not start or continue if either team has fewer than seven players.

If a team has fewer than seven players because one or more players has deliberately left the field of play, the referee is not obliged to stop play and the advantage may be played, but the match must not resume after the ball has gone out of play if a team does not have the minimum number of seven players.

If the competition rules state that all players and substitutes must be named before kick-off and a team starts a match with fewer than eleven players, only the players and substitutes named in the starting line-up may take part in the match upon their arrival.

We should have a squad (assuming nothing happens in training, which I hope will be very, very light at the moment) that looks like this: Adam, McGowan (GK), Dyer, Dowie, Carswell, Hutton, Gallagher, Forbes, B.Barr, Spencer, Russell, Thomson, Loy. Ballantyne and Little could probably be added to that as well - even if both aren't 100%.

The only guys in the definitely out pile will be Aitchison (cup-tied), Allardice (cup-tied), Paton (hamstring) and C.Barr (injury v Arbroath). I've no idea about Ross Perry, but I think his is longer term too.

Archived