Don't dare

1 hour ago, drs said:

Colin becomes a better QB every week he doesn't have a team, its amazing how good he is now compared to when he actually had a team.

Maybe not the best, but certainly still one of the best 32 QBs in the world.

31 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

The man in question no longer plays because he can’t fit his stupid big hair in his stupid little helmet.

It’s not a sport.

Rangers are dead.

The “new firm” tag can no longer be applied to Aberdeen and Dundee Utd, as although Utd are still alive* they are absolute dugshite.

The ice cream was Nutella flavoured, it wasn’t actual Nutella.

Hopefully I’ve covered all the points raised in this thread, and it can now be closed.

* correct at time of typing.

Good, I will allow it then.

20 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Yes, he is the one making glib comparisons here.

Define your statement please.

20 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Signing photo with a Palestinian flag above his head

The difference is huge and wildly complicated, but I'll give it a go in a couple of sentences.

The Israel/Palestine divide is a multi-millenia old problem, handled improperly, in a reactive manner, by the very Union many of us wish to dissolve. Both the Jewish people and the Palestinians were unfairly treated, and the fact that Palestinian/Israeli flags are flown at certain grounds in this country does nothing for either cause, but merely acts as another example of a sectarian problem Scotland can do without imo.

The Kaepernick issue on the other hand, was a single man's protest against a corrupt system, whom the vast majority of the right thinking world agrees with.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Illgresi said:

Yes sir.

Apologies for the confusion, but I've always disagreed with the term New Firm referring to Aberdeen and Utd (Utd were never at our level imo), and I think it's a far more appropriate term to describe the current Celtic/Sevco.

Nope, they are almost the epitome of corporate greed. In fairness though, they've always given the minorty, or the disenfranchised a voice (at least in the last 25 years or so). Woods, Williams, etc.

There is no arguement. The fact it's even discussed as an 'arguement' is itself a sad indictment on Scottish society. I mean... the judge who proclaimed 'Rangers' as the 'same club' is named William Nimmo Smith. If that's not a staunch name, I don't know what is.

But there is an argument.

What is a football club ? Just a corporate legal entity as defined by accountants and lawyers ? If that's the case, people like you no doubt happily consider the uprooted Ferranti Thistle- Meadowbank - Livingston or Wimbledon-MK Dons to be the same "club" But they they're not, are they ? Hibernians ceased to exist for over a year in 1892 and then phoenixed as Hibernian after missing a season. I like to wind-up Hibbies  that their real year of formation was 1893, but in reality everybody sees them just as the one Hibs (1875).  After Hibs and probably Celtic, the team I most like to see Hearts beat is Rangers. I wouldn't give a monkeys about beating them if I didn't see them as the same Rangers as before.

So what is a football club ? It exists in the collective memory of the supporters (and the spirits of friends and relatives no longer with us  ? ) But, worth thinking about - what would have to change for you to no longer be able to recognise and support your team ? Could you keep supporting them if they completely changed a) their name, b) their colours, c) their location/town , d) their corporate entity ?

I think this thread amply demonstrates two things;

1. International breaks are fuckin boring - especially if you are Scottish
  2. On the internet, any news vacuum will be instantly filled with made up bullshit

7 hours ago, Green Day said:

I think this thread amply demonstrates two things;

1. International breaks are fuckin boring - especially if you are Scottish
  2. On the internet, any news vacuum will be instantly filled with made up bullshit

Well said.

There is an absolute beezer of a thread/video on JKB about Jason Cummings smashing up his flat, which has gone onto tales of a policewoman being raped for a dare. (Not by Cummings I may add)

14 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

But there is an argument.

What is a football club ? Just a corporate legal entity as defined by accountants and lawyers ? If that's the case, people like you no doubt happily consider the uprooted Ferranti Thistle- Meadowbank - Livingston or Wimbledon-MK Dons to be the same "club" But they they're not, are they ? Hibernians ceased to exist for over a year in 1892 and then phoenixed as Hibernian after missing a season. I like to wind-up Hibbies  that their real year of formation was 1893, but in reality everybody sees them just as the one Hibs (1875).  After Hibs and probably Celtic, the team I most like to see Hearts beat is Rangers. I wouldn't give a monkeys about beating them if I didn't see them as the same Rangers as before.

So what is a football club ? It exists in the collective memory of the supporters (and the spirits of friends and relatives no longer with us  ? ) But, worth thinking about - what would have to change for you to no longer be able to recognise and support your team ? Could you keep supporting them if they completely changed a) their name, b) their colours, c) their location/town , d) their corporate entity ?

Yes. :guns

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yes. :guns

“Your team” changed name and moved to a completely different town. I admire your loyalty, but loyalty to what - the colour and the corporate entity ? That would be like my wife having a brain transplant and gender reassignment and me remaining loyal to the “same person”

11 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

Well said.

There is an absolute beezer of a thread/video on JKB about Jason Cummings smashing up his flat, which has gone onto tales of a policewoman being raped for a dare. (Not by Cummings I may add)

I looked at the clip and just thought it was very sad. Looked like a lost young man going through a self-harming meltdown and in urgent need of help. Hopefully his club will act. He certainly needs to be away from the "friend" that filmed it and saw fit to upload it online. I would imagine his family will be worried sick.

On 08/09/2018 at 20:57, Illgresi said:

Not a '#new firm' fan? Don't dare to dream. Disabled? Nope. Disenfranchised, not a chance. Female...do it on your own hen. Foreign? Yes please, we're not genetically capable of handling the modern game.

That man ^ was more unfairly treated than just about anyone in the history of sports. This ad has caused a 31% growth in Nike online sales from its release last Sunday.

We're all treated unfairly, even the #new firm fans. The SFA/SPL/SPFL have been selling Scottish football short for decades; their old boys club needs to end. I can't think of a better place for the coup d'etat to start than PaB.

Image result for nick mayall young ones

Archived