Livi v Dundee

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On today’s performance I’d agree with you. That’s the worst we’ve played this season imo.

Fair dues to Livi - 4 ridiculous goals gifted by us but there was always only going to be one winner today, Livi totally bossed the game.

I’m wondering if Duffy is coming in as assistant.

Duffy is apparently in talks Dumbarton according to reports

16 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Getting a new manager in usually brings a bit of positivity to the support.  Not one single person seemed to be positive about McIntyre’s appointment and that was before the match had started.  

Bringing him in is going to cause nothing but bother. Nearly every song sung was about Billy Dodds getting to f**k. 

Undoubtedly McCann’s fault for our predicament but that was worse today than anything saw under him. 

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

Bringing him in is going to cause nothing but bother. Nearly every song sung was about Billy Dodds getting to f**k. 

Undoubtedly McCann’s fault for our predicament but that was worse today than anything saw under him. 

Totally agree.   The handling of McIntyre’s appointment and the discussions with Dodds has been awful.  

Nelms showing a real lack of understanding and ambition IMHO.

What a strange side this Dundee team are.

For almost  the first twenty minutes they competed and looked like causing us some problems. Okay the defence was guilty of some lack of organisation and shambolic at time and the forward; well if they could hit a barn door then they might have  chance but ignoring all of that the side moved the ball around well; didn't allow our defenders to dwell on the ball or relax.

After the first goal went in; instead of taking this as a wake-up call and working together as a team they seamed to steadily unravel. K Miller barked instructions all over the place but no-one seemed interested in listening. Even having said that Dundee still manager to generate a few more chances particularly down the wings but all were continually wasted. However the second goal seemed to really knock the stuffing out of the side and any self belief, what little there were,  seemed to evaporate from that point onwards. 

It is strange to say this about a side with Kenny Miller in the team but it was like the players would rather have been on the bus home rather than coming out for another forty five minutes. That we managed to score four goals in a side with no recognised forwards must say something.

I should be really please to have won a premiership game by four clear goals but this didn't give much to crow about; rather like winning a fight against a guy who's too drunk to stand up if that makes sense. Still happy with yet another clean sheet - although how Kenny Miller still manages to stay on the pitch for a full ninety minutes is beyond me.

The only thing I can applaud of the Dundee side is the actual supporters who put themselves out to travel down to support that team and be faces with a half-hearted display.  The season is little more than a quarter through so there's plenty of time for a turnaround.

31 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Scored a hattrick apparently. 

Reveal hidden contents

:lol::lol::lol:

It's magic you know, Gallagher Halkett Lithgow

Dp9qRw3XgAECT29.jpg

As has been said, we didn't need to get out of 2nd gear today, kept it solid at the back and scored from a set piece every now and then. 2nd delivery from Keaghan was superb, everyone was focussing on Dec and nobody followed Halkett as he ran in and scored. It was surreal by the end, just expected us to score each time we had a set piece.

Still early days but really looking for a top 6 this season, can't see this group of players falling away.

My main concern is the January window. Unless we start getting the crowds back can we really afford to turn down a significant offer for Halkett for example

Just now, hoobahabba said:
9 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:
have a word with yourself man. Muppet

Speaking of muppets, are you still adamant that we're as shite as you?

No you are better than us and I am a muppet for saying otherwise. Still, at least I am not a racist muppet like your mate.

6 minutes ago, Durnford said:

What a strange side this Dundee team are.

For almost  the first twenty minutes they competed and looked like causing us some problems. Okay the defence was guilty of some lack of organisation and shambolic at time and the forward; well if they could hit a barn door then they might have  chance but ignoring all of that the side moved the ball around well; didn't allow our defenders to dwell on the ball or relax.

After the first goal went in; instead of taking this as a wake-up call and working together as a team they seamed to steadily unravel. K Miller barked instructions all over the place but no-one seemed interested in listening. Even having said that Dundee still manager to generate a few more chances particularly down the wings but all were continually wasted. However the second goal seemed to really knock the stuffing out of the side and any self belief, what little there were,  seemed to evaporate from that point onwards. 

It is strange to say this about a side with Kenny Miller in the team but it was like the players would rather have been on the bus home rather than coming out for another forty five minutes. That we managed to score four goals in a side with no recognised forwards must say something.

I should be really please to have won a premiership game by four clear goals but this didn't give much to crow about; rather like winning a fight against a guy who's too drunk to stand up if that makes sense. Still happy with yet another clean sheet - although how Kenny Miller still manages to stay on the pitch for a full ninety minutes is beyond me.

The only thing I can applaud of the Dundee side is the actual supporters who put themselves out to travel down to support that team and be faces with a half-hearted display.  The season is little more than a quarter through so there's plenty of time for a turnaround.

You lot scored four with no recognised strikers and we scored none despite starting with three alleged 'strikers'.

Brilliant. 

17 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Totally agree.   The handling of McIntyre’s appointment and the discussions with Dodds has been awful.  

Nelms showing a real lack of understanding and ambition IMHO.

Let’s be honest not 1 Dundee fan would’ve picked McIntyre. This is our Mixu moment. 

If it’s any consolation for Doondee I’m here to let you know that St Mirren are about 100 times better than you.

Hopefully once they go down they slip into admin again, that would be nice.

Archived