Beith vs Ayr - Ayrshire Derby

D'Jaffo

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Younger only represented the fringes of the old CCDV constituency till the 1983 election,  then not at all. Foulkes  worked his backside off for the constituency. Doubt you could say the same about Wilson. Mind you what this has to do with the Beith match thread I don't know. Aren't they the guys who sing 'there's only one Maggie Thatcher ' when they play Talbot? 

Foulkes working his backside off?

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

4th round so all the SPFL teams enter. Auchinleck is a bigger draw than Beith too. I'd imagine Ayr is a bigger draw to Talbot fans than Stranraer also. What was the attendance at Auchinleck v Stranraer?

4th round so all the SPFL teams enter. Auchinleck is a bigger draw than Beith too. I'd imagine Ayr is a bigger draw to Talbot fans than Stranraer also. What was the attendance at Auchinleck v Stranraer?

Nope still not getting you here. Why is Auchinleck a bigger draw than Beith

1 minute ago, Talbot 1978 said:

Nope still not getting you here. Why is Auchinleck a bigger draw than Beith

Auchinleck is closer to Ayr and has a train connection that Beith lacked. A lot of Ayr connections as well with ex players, a few of whom I liked.

It's a south/east Ayrshire derby and we have never met before in a competitive match. I'm not a junior fan so didnt know much about Beith before. If you rated Stranraer as one of your biggest ever matches Ayr will surpass that by some distance.

5 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Auchinleck is closer to Ayr and has a train connection that Beith lacked. A lot of Ayr connections as well with ex players, a few of whom I liked.

Will any Ayr fans actually get the train to Auchinleck. There is no direct route so it would be a train to Kilmarnock and then one to Auchinleck and trains south of Kilmarnock are not that frequent. If you are getting public transport there are two direct bus routes from Ayr to Auchinleck. Much less hassle in my opinion

8 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Will any Ayr fans actually get the train to Auchinleck. There is no direct route so it would be a train to Kilmarnock and then one to Auchinleck and trains south of Kilmarnock are not that frequent. If you are getting public transport there are two direct bus routes from Ayr to Auchinleck. Much less hassle in my opinion

Yeah I think quite a lot will. Novelty factor. Maybe less than what there would be if it’s an earlier kick off. 

Craig McCracken was someone I thought would be a decent player for us. Did he leave the summer before we got promoted?

Obviously there’s the conflict with Shankland but I’m not sure what the exact details are.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Craig McCracken was someone I thought would be a decent player for us. Did he leave the summer before we got promoted?

Obviously there’s the conflict with Shankland but I’m not sure what the exact details are.

McCracken left not long into our first stint in the Championship with McCall. Player I liked a lot, but was never going to get a chance there and then. Reckon he’s good enough to go senior again, but like a lot of players at that level, Junior might suit him more.

McCracken left not long into our first stint in the Championship with McCall. Player I liked a lot, but was never going to get a chance there and then. Reckon he’s good enough to go senior again, but like a lot of players at that level, Junior might suit him more.

Only really remember him playing when McCall first came in and did well but then McKenna was signed.

Pretty sure he scored the winner against Hurlford in the cup final last season.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Only really remember him playing when McCall first came in and did well but then McKenna was signed.

Pretty sure he scored the winner against Hurlford in the cup final last season.

He did but he is not a regular starter for Talbot. He has started the last few games but only because Ross Harvey is injured. If everybody is fit in January I doubt he will play against Ayr

2 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Disagree. I think Ross Harvey will struggle to get back in the team if McPherson & McCracken keep up their present form.

We will see in a few weeks. IMO McCracken was the reason we lost to Glenafton. He got skinned out on the touchline and committed a silly foul to try and make up for it which Glenafton scored from

It's a south/east Ayrshire derby and we have never met before in a competitive match. I'm not a junior fan so didnt know much about Beith before. If you rated Stranraer as one of your biggest ever matches Ayr will surpass that by some distance.
Good optimism hope it's a full house as the atmosphere will be good.

Archived