Gloryhunting c***s of football

banana

1 hour ago, Eckauskas said:

Honourable mention to the Sky Sports Loyal.

Those welts that make no effort to go and watch their team, rather relying on tv coverage and streams before giving it big licks when they win.

Agree with this. Obviously they majoirty of Celtic games are live on TV with  many of us who go once a year so there is plenty of us who are in that boat. I work away half the year but I feel like a bit of a spare p***k when its a big game and we score, I get brief enjoyment then dont know what to do with myself as it doesnt feel the same as being there. The odd time I debate about chucking going to the football but then I remember how much of spare p***k I feel when Im not there.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
football teams should be assigned at birth, like national insurance numbers, with a "random draw" being made on your behalf from a list of all the teams - semi-professional and above - within a set area drawn around your registered place of birth which is variable to ensure that it includes at least - and no more than - six teams; this would ensure that local rivalries still existed and that there is an even spread across the various clubs, but would put a complete end to all this "glory hunting" shite; your club should be tattooed on to the back of your neck, in simple sans-serif type, no larger than 14pt - no graphic elements; if you're born away from your parent's normal place of residence - through medical intervention, away on holiday, visiting soon-to-be grandparents and being fucked over by premature arrival - whatever - then hard luck - same rules still apply (this - through bitter personal experience - is why i am saddled with following nondescript south yorkshire shite, in spite of having lived in kent/east sussex for my entire life - apart from the first two weeks)
so before 2012 if the draw had given you rangers(rip) would you have had to die with them or start going to watch rugby?

25 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
6 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:
football teams should be assigned at birth, like national insurance numbers, with a "random draw" being made on your behalf from a list of all the teams - semi-professional and above - within a set area drawn around your registered place of birth which is variable to ensure that it includes at least - and no more than - six teams; this would ensure that local rivalries still existed and that there is an even spread across the various clubs, but would put a complete end to all this "glory hunting" shite; your club should be tattooed on to the back of your neck, in simple sans-serif type, no larger than 14pt - no graphic elements; if you're born away from your parent's normal place of residence - through medical intervention, away on holiday, visiting soon-to-be grandparents and being fucked over by premature arrival - whatever - then hard luck - same rules still apply (this - through bitter personal experience - is why i am saddled with following nondescript south yorkshire shite, in spite of having lived in kent/east sussex for my entire life - apart from the first two weeks)

so before 2012 if the draw had given you rangers(rip) would you have had to die with them or start going to watch rugby?

nah - just go the local ink shop and get 'em to add "berwick"....

On 04/11/2018 at 12:59, Herman Hessian said:

How come you're on a Scottish football forum?

No issue with it just wondering.

41 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

How come you're on a Scottish football forum?

No issue with it just wondering.

seriously - english football fans are absolute wankers; petty minded fucks who have no concept of the game outside of their own blinkered experience; i include Donny Rovers fans in that summation - our forum is overrun with just as many twats as anywhere else and is virtually unusable unless you want to end up a seething mess and getting banned...

i first stated on here reading about the whole Rangers debacle; as a football fan, it was initially just an incredible story - pathetically ill-reported down here. i was on here for the news - but, obviously, after a few months it's become the single most amusing catalogue of disasters you could ever imagine; always worth dipping in and out for a laugh at the latest shambolic episode;

was also pulled in by the fact that there was the italian football thread where, again, there were people who knew more about the game than just "errr - milan - naples - buffon..."; the depth of appreciation on here for the game across the globe leaves any english forum languishing - it's all just - "hurrr hurr - merino's a w****r/arsenal are shit/engerlund, engerlund " just cretinous; go and read any match thread on the guardian website to see the level of absolute fuckwittery that overwhelms any attempt at sensible debate - not having a laugh type fuckwittery - just abject, tiny-minded stupidity that would disgrace a school playground - it rarely gets above the "typical united fan - from berkshire - meh meh meh - spurs are all jews -meh meh meh" level

plus i very much approve of the low brow smuttery,, appalling puns, general appreciation of the values of getting off your arse and actually watching games, the fixation with fantastic breasts that overrides pretty much everything else, the thread about cat pictures, garden birds - whatever - all good stuff !

liked very much, thanks, will use again...

On 04/11/2018 at 10:32, effeffsee_the2nd said:

A team that plays good entertaining football actually earns itself some extra fans rather than one that just expects the local population to turn up season after season of bad decisions , poor results and giving paul fucking hartley free reign to sign 17 fucking diddys without even looking at the useless c***s first ...
Sorry got side tracked there. All of the above doesny change the fact that glory hunters with a mouth on them are the worst kind of humans . The worst

What is it with OF fans outside Glasgow that give it diddy club jibes? Really, you support an absolute horror show of a team that promotes hatred rather than your local team. I say support but you wouldn't even watch them when they played locally.

Sit doon mate you utter joke.

13 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

What is it with OF fans outside Glasgow that give it diddy club jibes? Really, you support an absolute horror show of a team that promotes hatred rather than your local team. I say support but you wouldn't even watch them when they played locally.

Sit doon mate you utter joke.

Aye and what fuckin team would that be you're referring to?  I live closer to ochilview than westfield if that's what you mean or maybe you just canny read? 

or are you giving me the "who do you really support"

Aye and what fuckin team would that be you're referring to?  I live closer to ochilview than westfield if that's what you mean or maybe you just canny read? 
or are you giving me the "who do you really support"
I wasn't talking about you bud. OF fans.

5 hours ago, thekorean said:

I heard somewhere Turkish football fans are all pretty much supporters of Galatasaray, Fanerbahce, or Bestikas fan, with  other SuperLig clubs, depending on their home town, being their "second club"

Portugal's mental for this. If yer from Lisbon you are Benfica or Sporting. If yer from Oporto yer Porto (maaaybe Boavista). If yer from anywhere else: you're also Benfica but will also support your local side.

16 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

seriously - english football fans are absolute wankers; petty minded fucks who have no concept of the game outside of their own blinkered experience; i include Donny Rovers fans in that summation - our forum is overrun with just as many twats as anywhere else and is virtually unusable unless you want to end up a seething mess and getting banned...

i first stated on here reading about the whole Rangers debacle; as a football fan, it was initially just an incredible story - pathetically ill-reported down here. i was on here for the news - but, obviously, after a few months it's become the single most amusing catalogue of disasters you could ever imagine; always worth dipping in and out for a laugh at the latest shambolic episode;

was also pulled in by the fact that there was the italian football thread where, again, there were people who knew more about the game than just "errr - milan - naples - buffon..."; the depth of appreciation on here for the game across the globe leaves any english forum languishing - it's all just - "hurrr hurr - merino's a w****r/arsenal are shit/engerlund, engerlund " just cretinous; go and read any match thread on the guardian website to see the level of absolute fuckwittery that overwhelms any attempt at sensible debate - not having a laugh type fuckwittery - just abject, tiny-minded stupidity that would disgrace a school playground - it rarely gets above the "typical united fan - from berkshire - meh meh meh - spurs are all jews -meh meh meh" level

plus i very much approve of the low brow smuttery,, appalling puns, general appreciation of the values of getting off your arse and actually watching games, the fixation with fantastic breasts that overrides pretty much everything else, the thread about cat pictures, garden birds - whatever - all good stuff !

liked very much, thanks, will use again...

You learn something every day...

5 hours ago, thekorean said:

I heard somewhere Turkish football fans are all pretty much supporters of Galatasaray, Fanerbahce, or Bestikas fan, with  other SuperLig clubs, depending on their home town, being their "second club"

8 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Portugal's mental for this. If yer from Lisbon you are Benfica or Sporting. If yer from Oporto yer Porto (maaaybe Boavista). If yer from anywhere else: you're also Benfica but will also support your local side.

This is an area where I feel Scottish football is relatively strong.

We have a very robust footballing culture in that despite having had two utterly dominant clubs for so long, other clubs retain more than respectable supports when taking population into account. It's quite remarkable how committed so many Scottish people are to watching football teams that hardly ever win anything. It's one of the things that makes our game great.

I had a similar experience living in Poland. My town was about 3-4 hours from Warsaw, and most of my Polish mates supported the local team and Legia Warsaw. Apparently that's quite common in towns with small teams there. The local club's crowds were pathetic for a city of 350,000. On a par with Motherwell's crowds, often lower.

While I was living there I had a bunch of Spanish and Italian mates who were working in Poland as engineers. The Spaniards were from various places; Zaragoza, Seville, Mallorca and a few others. They were all right into football, but all but one of them supported Barcelona or Real Madrid. Most of them just had no interest in supporting teams that weren't at that level. Bizarre. Especially the boy from Seville.

The Italians were all from the south, but most of them supported Juventus. Same thing.

For all that we rip the pish out each other, Scottish football actually seems to do ok on the gloryhunter front when compared to other countries.

50 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I went to see oriental de Lisbon  when I was over a couple of years back, its clear from their badge they are trying to be associated with benfica

36 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

This is an area where I feel Scottish football is relatively strong.

We have a very robust footballing culture in that despite having had two utterly dominant clubs for so long, other clubs retain more than respectable supports when taking population into account. It's quite remarkable how committed so many Scottish people are to watching football teams that hardly ever win anything. It's one of the things that makes our game great.

I had a similar experience living in Poland. My town was about 3-4 hours from Warsaw, and most of my Polish mates supported the local team and Legia Warsaw. Apparently that's quite common in towns with small teams there. The local club's crowds were pathetic for a city of 350,000. On a par with Motherwell's crowds, often lower.

While I was living there I had a bunch of Spanish and Italian mates who were working in Poland as engineers. The Spaniards were from various places; Zaragoza, Seville, Mallorca and a few others. They were all right into football, but all but one of them supported Barcelona or Real Madrid. Most of them just had no interest in supporting teams that weren't at that level. Bizarre. Especially the boy from Seville.

The Italians were all from the south, but most of them supported Juventus. Same thing.

For all that we rip the pish out each other, Scottish football actually seems to do ok on the gloryhunter front when compared to other countries.

which city in Poland?theres also a complication there with the fact some teams have associations with other teams eg lechia Gdansk and slask Wroclaw/arka gydnia and cracovia/lech Poznan.

is the juventus thing in Italy a lot to do with the amount of southerners that moved north to work for the Agnellis in turin in times past(though if my work had a team,theyd be the last people id want to cheer)

3 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

which city in Poland?theres also a complication there with the fact some teams have associations with other teams eg lechia Gdansk and slask Wroclaw/arka gydnia and cracovia/lech Poznan.

is the juventus thing in Italy a lot to do with the amount of southerners that moved north to work for the Agnellis in turin in times past(though if my work had a team,theyd be the last people id want to cheer)

Bydgoszcz. Home to Zawisza.

The club associations thing there was mainly with hooligans. Your average punter only paid attention to it when something big was going on.

I stayed in Krakow for a while as well and was quite surprised by the general apathy towards Wisla and Cracovia. At that time most Poles viewed attending football matches as something for hooligans only. Looking at some of the crowds these days that seems to have changed a bit since the Euros in 2012 and the improvements in stadiums etc.

The work connection may be true for many southerners, but none of them mentioned it to me. They were just Juve fans and that was that.

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 18:50, Eckauskas said:

The absolute tragic c***s who support a club from the other side of the world.

Indians supporting Arsenal, Malaysians supporting Liverpool, Nigerians supporting Man Utd.

The worst kind of people.

Nigel Farage LIKES this post.

7 hours ago, thekorean said:

I worked in Turkey for a while and yes pretty much this is the case although besiktas is very much the 3rd team.

One thing I will say is that its ridiculously cheap to watch a game there...I went to watch a team in Izmir play and it cost less than a fiver, top league game at the time.

On 03/11/2018 at 18:50, Eckauskas said:

The absolute tragic c***s who support a club from the other side of the world.

Indians supporting Arsenal, Malaysians supporting Liverpool, Nigerians supporting Man Utd.

The worst kind of people.

Football is much more global than ever so its not really surprising that this kind of thing happens....

Archived