The good and the bad of Marvel on Netflix

diamond_for_life

Rather than looking for all the separate threads I thought this would give us a chance to post our overall thoughts.  

From what I have seen so far.

I really enjoyed Luke Cage more than I thought i would. The first season fell to bits after the death of Cottonmouth for me tbh. They needed to introduce diamondback much earlier if i was ever to get invested in him. 

Second season was much better. Bushmaster and his story arc was fantastic and I really liked the character. His pain was real and you could actually empathise with his motives. The story arc between Shades and Comanche was also very powerful. I like Shades he is brilliant. Can’t say I was a big fan of Mariah but her story with her daughter got me looking forward to a season 3 if there was one. Overall for me a very good show. 

Punisher is still my favourite but I’ve been a huge punisher fan for 10/15 years. I was always going to love Jon Bernthal and season 2 better move it ass. 

Daredevil is fantastic especially season 2 (No shock with Frank Castle in it)  I haven’t watched the third season yet going to start it when i finish with Sherlock.

Jessica Jones I just couldn’t get into the first season  the way others did. Tennant was fantastic though it has to be said. Second season I didn’t enjoy it personally and I felt the best part for me was watching Malcolms story. 

Defenders very much meh for me but atleast it ended the story of the hand and set up the new seasons. 

Iron Fist is pish. Absolutely pish. Terrible characters, terrible story, it had so much potential. Just not a fan even though I didn’t mind Finn Jones. Steel Serpant should have been a far better character and Joy Meechum’s motivation for being bad was pretty much the fact she is a spoiled brat. Then turns “good” again. Fucking dire. 

How do you rate the Marvel franchise on Netflix?

Archived