(Another) Ayrshire Derby - Auchinleck vs Ayr

D'Jaffo

3 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:

Eh ? Wtf are you comparing lol

8 v 9 omfgemoji23.png

Read what I said  more closely. You might understand then. If not I'll have to explain the context of Killie fan talking about the number of national honours Talbot have won compared to ours. I then compared ours to the number Killie have won. It's  nonsense argument he put forward. 

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was clear cut. Clubs like Talbot were desperate to be remain the big fish in a small pond. Don't blame them really. And their esteemed leader at the SJFA was, and is, desperate to keep his job. Doesn't help matters though. 
Poor soul reded. You believe what you want to son.

You're the type of deluded fan who probably thinks Ayr are a big club too

1 minute ago, Talbot 1978 said:

Poor soul reded. You believe what you want to son.

You're the type of deluded fan who probably thinks Ayr are a big club too

Being called son by a silly wee boy. New one for me. Never mind, you'll soon be going to school in Cumnock. 

6 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

It was never at the top of the hill to go downhill. Its a pile of shite

Culd have been a good thread considering the history between the two clubs. Hughie Sproat Ayr legend and Dennis Gray Talbot legend, two great players who moved from both clubs.

10 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Culd have been a good thread considering the history between the two clubs. Hughie Sproat Ayr legend and Dennis Gray Talbot legend, two great players who moved from both clubs.

Yep, could have been good. Instead wee Ayr virgins decided to turn it in to eye cancer

8 (EIGHT) solid weeks of build up to this.
giphy.gif&key=5b4edc742de5cd1e21b603a1faaf7c096af701e6873ce4e7f3e7b567df7a1cbe

We’ve got bigger things to deal with over those 8 weeks.

I feel however these Talbot fans will be sitting about twiddling their thumbs waiting for the Super to roll into town.

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’ve got bigger things to deal with over those 8 weeks.

I feel however these Talbot fans will be sitting about twiddling their thumbs waiting for the Super to roll into town.

They’re trying to pretend they don’t care, but the idea of the black and white pound rolling into town and propping up their amateur rabble for another few years is the best thing to happen to them in years.

Can't see me visiting this thread much in the coming weeks, you'd think as fans of a senior club, that we could show a bit of class, disappointing so far.

Aye, they may be juniors, but Talbot have done Ayrshire proud over the years.

14 hours ago, RedEd said:

You want to look at the history of the clubs a bit more closely. Ayr were consistently in the top flight until the late 70s. Talbot have well by winning the Junior Cup 12 times, but that Ayr United don't enter it so it's hardly comparable. As for your big team, they have won 8 national trophies to the Honest Men's 9. It's a similar argument.

14 hours ago, Talbot 1978 said:

Eh ? Wtf are you comparing lol

8 v 9 omfgemoji23.png

Ayr since the end of the last war have played in the top league in 13 out of the 73 seasons since then. Hardly consistent. 

Archived