Club Licencing

5 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:
6 hours ago, Cyclizine said:
Why would Lossie join the NCL? Moray clubs play in the NRJFA: Burghead Thistle, New Elgin, Buckie Rovers et al.

Fort William, Wick & Brora would be the only clubs that'd be NCL. Inverness clubs ie Clach could go either NRJFA or NCL as Inverness clubs have played both NCL & NRJFA.

They could, but it would be very surprising if Clach, Nairn & Lossie chose the Aberdeenshire based juniors instead of the NCL (assuming the latter also became a pyramid feeder league, alongside the NRJFA). All 3 of them are members of the North of Scotland/NC Football Associations, and they currently (or very recently) play in some of  the NCL cup competitions.  

2 hours ago, superbigal said:

I never realized we were so skint that cannot even field the u21s in toulon tournament this year. I believe the women in the world cup has cost them over 50 quid.

The women get a decent payout from FIFA.

We have around the 10th highest revenue among football nations in Europe yet our national association is running out of cash. Impressive.

2 minutes ago, Almond Valley said:

I don’t want to be the bearer of bad news, but if neither of you were already aware that Linlithgow will be renewing rivalry with Kelty Hearts from next season I’m sure you can now work it out for yourselves.

I had heard that was on the cards....Not a great state of affairs.

9 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Or it could mean almond valley is the latest in a long line of alts. ;)

Jumping into another thread about this year's applicants and saying they're going to be worse than tweedmouth certainly gives that impression.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

Although not at the meeting, I’m led to believe that no date was given for a decision on licensing of those clubs waiting. I’m also told that it was announced that the Juniors were not joining tier 6.
It was indeed, on both counts, by RP

There's a new back of a fag packet plan, which was different to the one discussed at the PWG apparently. He stated on at least half a dozen occasions that this plan meant "the juniors will not be at Teir 6 next season". He was questioned on it and confirmed.

9 minutes ago, The Informer said:

Although not at the meeting, I’m led to believe that no date was given for a decision on licensing of those clubs waiting. I’m also told that it was announced that the Juniors were not joining tier 6.

Indulge me, I've forgotten - what is the delay in the licences being granted? I thought it was relatively straightforward that a number of clubs had applied and put everything in place to attain the licence similar to what Kelty done?

It was indeed, on both counts, by RP

There's a new back of a fag packet plan, which was different to the one discussed at the PWG apparently. He stated on at least half a dozen occasions that this plan meant "the juniors will not be at Teir 6 next season". He was questioned on it and confirmed.

Dont suppose this plan involves a new senior WOSL being set up or the SOS expanding its reach ouwith D&G to accomodate west clubs?

Dont suppose this plan involves a new senior WOSL being set up or the SOS expanding its reach ouwith D&G to accomodate west clubs?

No, it doesn't unfortunately. 

It's pretty much as you were with the Juniors having a year to conform to the rules and regulations of the pyramid (including discipline which is to be administered by the SFA, not the SJFA) for all competitions, including the Junior Cup. Presumably at that point we have this same sorry debate again.

Reference was made to the LL being asked to amend the playoff rules before 31/12/19 to make provision for the possibility of 2, 3 or 4 teams entering the LL playoff, but the feedback was that, as per Whitehill relegation and that proposed mid season rule change, you can't change the rules mid season. You finish with the rules you start with.

So next season, for all intents and purposes, it's as you were if RP is to be believed it would seem.

He did also confirm later that the SJFA had been told that the East Region would not be accepted at Teir 6 ever with a split league. Had to be one superleague in the East, not two. Apparently they were told that a while ago.

37 minutes ago, BS7 said:

Indulge me, I've forgotten - what is the delay in the licences being granted? I thought it was relatively straightforward that a number of clubs had applied and put everything in place to attain the licence similar to what Kelty done?

It's nothing but the SFA being bunglecunts.

45 minutes ago, BS7 said:

That is a question that’s been asked several times of the SFA, and they have yet to give a valid reason.

Edited by The Informer