Ross County vs Ayr United: Tuesday 26th

What a bonkers second half. Fair result even with our horrible defending. Thought County probably went 2 1 ahead against the run of play, but it was a wonderful strike, and I though Gardyne was immense.

Questions for a couple of the County boys watching Shankland coming in from the touchline and equalising for 1 1 the way he did, but really, when you're able to concede the way you have and still rattle 3/4 past teams, it's getting difficult to see where the points are going to be dropped for you not to win the title.

We really must try and build some momentum and try and get second to avoid a reeking number of play-off matches on a terrible run, just hope even after a good attacking display tonight that the boys aren't scunnered.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

County deserved the win no doubt .

We need  21 points for promotion play offs 15 to avoid relegation play offs ( yes to be certain via my calculations) but obviously that means all teams getting max points..

We played well in parts but were woeful in others.

I'm not McCall but I'd have taken Crawford (not good enough on the night), Harvie (not good enough on the night) and wait for it....... Shankland (did not appear to be interested on the night) off after 60 mins.

We may well have lost with my changes but heh ho we did loose with the changes that were made.

Adams and Rose were poor also but I could only make 3 changes and I wanted to win.

Extremely disappointing result tonight but I'm ecstatic that with 10 games to go we are sitting 3rd in the Scottish 2nd Division still with an outside chance of promotion to the top flight.

I was there when we were in the Premier League all those years ago so I do know what it's like and yes I'd love to see it again. 

33 minutes ago, Hursty said:

That TV game at EEP at the end of March all of a sudden looks like it could be a big game for 4th place.  

Didn't even realise we were on TV next month, so that's cool. My Dad can't get to games any more due to health reasons so will be nice to watch a game with him again.

No chance Ayr don't finish top four though. Even just a couple more wins should secure that.

Not long back from the match, not sure how it came across on tv but that was a great atmosphere in Viccy Park and as good a game advert for the league as I've seen for a long time.

Not good seeing the ambulance coming to the stadium for poor Billy McKay, really hope he's back banging in another hat trick real soon.

Well that’s the slim title dream over. In all honesty we’re been pretty gash for a few months now but still hard to take.

I thought we were pretty decent tonight but the defence badly let us down. In the first half after a bright start we were lucky to not be going into the break 3 or 4 down. We came out looking brighter but the turning point was when Mark Kerr came on. We immediately looking more attacking and got our equaliser shortly after. A wonder goal from McKay, who is a class player at this level put County back in front. Murdoch then got his first goal for the club to equalise and at this point it was anybody game but sadly it was County who go the winner.

It’s now crucial that we find the form that had us flying at the top of the league. Get Kerr and Murdoch in the middle, Miller and McDaid on the wings and have a go at teams. I think 3rd is the best we can hope for at this stage.

On a side note, who was it that got the ball in an attacking position midway through the first half and with no one supporting him and 2 or 3 County players round him managed to get away from them and win us a corner. Outstanding piece of play. 

On a side note, who was it that got the ball in an attacking position midway through the first half and with no one supporting him and 2 or 3 County players round him managed to get away from them and win us a corner. Outstanding piece of play. 

It was Miller. He was getting pushed out of play and 2 seconds later he was away from the County players. Tremendous skill and I thought he had a great game tonight.

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It was Miller. He was getting pushed out of play and 2 seconds later he was away from the County players. Tremendous skill and I thought he had a great game tonight.

I did think it was either him or Crawford (shudders) and aye he did have a very decent game. Should be starting every week if fit. 

I did think it was either him or Crawford (shudders) and aye he did have a very decent game. Should be starting every week if fit. 

He got better when Kerr came on and started receiving his passes to stretch the game. We were getting everything down that side in the second half.

At least we remembered how to football with the ball when Kerr came on.  

I'd say Ross County are  the best team in the league,  I hope they go and win it. 

Guess after tonight we are just playing out mostly meaningless games to the end of the season now, we just won't be able to get our form back enough to get 2nd which will make it too tough an ask in the playoffs (if we win at Tanadice for 4/4 you can count on Ayr to then get battered off them in the playoff semi).  Will be a good final placing regardless but still disappointing we have fallen away so drastically.  

Not a good game for the nerves. It ebbed and flowed one way then the other and at the end either side could have taken the points.

By full time I think we did deserve to win, and that is based upon our dominance in the first half where we forced the Ayr keeper into several good saves.

I hope Billy is OK, it looked a sore one. His contribution this season has been huge and his hattrick last night ensured a vital 3 points stayed in Dingwall.

Respect to the piper, something different-keep it up. Well done to the away support for making the long trip north on a mid week night-a huge effort.

Some good games between the 2 sides this season. Eight goals for County and 6 for Ayr.

Really good game of football last night and two goals of real quality. Fantastic advert for the Diddy League. 

That's us officially retired from the title race and I hope County go onto win it as they are by far the best side I have seen. With the lead they have, they really should be heading back to the Premiership.

County were definitely the better team over the ninety, but I don't think there would have been too many arguments had we got a point.

Seeing us transform when Kerr came on gives me hope that we can be competitive over the remaining games. Hopefully he stays fit. I don't think it's a coincidence that our poor form has happened whilst he has been injured. 

Title race down to two

33 minutes ago, dingdong1929 said:

This has been a lovely thread.

Well done all.

We both deserve promotion for this.

It's so much more pleasant in the Championship.  maybe we should just make the Championship the Premiership.  Either that or a Morton fan can jump into this thread and start effing and jeffing about Falkirk's manager and lower the tone.

9 hours ago, itzdrk said:

At least we remembered how to football with the ball when Kerr came on.  

I'd say Ross County are  the best team in the league,  I hope they go and win it. 

Guess after tonight we are just playing out mostly meaningless games to the end of the season now, we just won't be able to get our form back enough to get 2nd which will make it too tough an ask in the playoffs (if we win at Tanadice for 4/4 you can count on Ayr to then get battered off them in the playoff semi).  Will be a good final placing regardless but still disappointing we have fallen away so drastically.  

Ayr look better than Dundee or Hamilton to me.  If you can pip Dundee United - or County - to the playoff final, I'd fancy your chances.

I don't miss the Premiership at all.

With primary regard to the Forum, but also to getting horsed every week.

Would be nice if we do manage to get a promotion place, to then waive it and stay down here.  Don't think the board would be very happy with that though.

Archived