Ross County vs Ayr United: Tuesday 26th

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pleased Muirhead is out of the team, wasn't impressed with him on Saturday. Adams will hopefully deal with the height of their striker Stewart and it's a relief to see Draper is still out for them.

I thought Muirhead was fine on Saturday. Certainly better than Rose.

Can’t really say he’s put a foot wrong since he’s came in.

Because we put mcdaid on in the 2nd half which changed the game 

So what...?

Should we have played McDaid tonight?

County are effectively playing a 4-2-4 tonight so I’d imagine Murdoch is playing wide to combat Gardyne who’s arguably their best player.

Fox Fraser Gardyne Lindsay McKay Mullin Watson Spence Stewart Van Der Weg and Grivosti 
The subs are Munro McManus Semple

Fox

Fraser Grivosti Watson KVDW

Mullin Spence Lindsay Midge

Mckay

Stewart

Is how I assume we'll go.

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

So what...?

Should we have played McDaid tonight?

County are effectively playing a 4-2-4 tonight so I’d imagine Murdoch is playing wide to combat Gardyne who’s arguably their best player.

I see were your coming from but i'm a big fan of McDaid out on the right beating his man for pace is what he's strongest at, i think Smith alone is good enough to contain Gardyne. 

In my anger about Crawford I’ve totally missed that Muirhead has been dropped. He’s arguably been our best player the last two games so can’t understand that one. 

McCalls just taking the piss out of you at this point.

Knows how to get you riled up.

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

In my anger about Crawford I’ve totally missed that Muirhead has been dropped. He’s arguably been our best player the last two games so can’t understand that one. 

I'd agree with this. The only thing I can think is that his distribution isn't the greatest however he's been solid at the back and also provided a threat at set pieces and corners, so Yes, also a strange one for me.

35 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Why the f**k have we gone with a midfield of midgets against a tall team, at least it looks like Robbie Crawford won't be left but Murdoch is right mid which isn't much better. Team is:

Doohan

Smith Rose Adams Harvie 

Murdoch Docherty Crawford Miller

Moffat Shankland

I suppose this now shows how strong our squad is, as personally Bell and Kerr are 2 of my favs then we've got Muirhead who's been very good since he's come in and then we've got McDaid and Cadden who would both normally be considered as first choice. The fact that none are involved and all seemingly fit should point to us having lots of quality options, however I'm not so confident that it will all play out like this.............

I see were your coming from but i'm a big fan of McDaid out on the right beating his man for pace is what he's strongest at, i think Smith alone is good enough to contain Gardyne. 

I’m delighted McDaid isn’t playing. His direct man, Kenny Van Der Weg, is strong as an ox, but isn’t the quickest. Could have been an area to exploit.

As for County, Grivosti ahead of Semple is a big call. Grivosti looks very raw to me.

Archived