Ian Murray (Rangers)

Nigel Quashie (Southampton)

Jamie Smith (Aberdeen)

Forwards

James McFadden (Everton)

Shaun Maloney (Celtic)

Garry O’Connor (Hibernian)

Derek Riordan (Hibernian)

Good to see Scott Brown get a call up, has impressed me when I've seen the U21s. Not as much as Kevin Thomson in the middle, but the two of them have looked a good pairing, especially against the Italians where they overran the Italian midfield.

Jamie Smith has been playing well this year I take it. :unsure:

Interesting to see no Dickov or Thompson. Perhaps spells the end for Dickov? And with Thompson hitting form this week I'd have thought he might have been given a chance.

Guest Spanky Rodriguez

Goalkeepers

Robert Douglas (Leicester City) :o

Ryan Esson (Aberdeen)

Craig Gordon (Heart of Midlothian)

:guns WHY?

Good to see Brown in the squad. Would've liked to have seen Thomson (The young Hibs boy, not the Rangers donkey with lead in his boots) in there as well.

Good news about Paul Dickov. Fucking hate the wee b*****d.

Steven Thompson is excluded from the squad because he suffered a heart attack after the shock of his goal the other night. The ironic thing about Thompson is that he wasn't playing at all yet gets pickedbut now he's recently played a few games, scored a couple of goals and he's dropped. I don't understand Smith's logic. Glad to see he's dropped anyhow.

We are lightweight up front but it's not a bad squad.

I'd get rid of Douglas and everyone calling for Barry Ferguson's head.

Seems a strange time to ditch Thompson from the squad. Smith, McFadden and Maloney will not be able to perform the role that Miller has been performing so I would hope Smith is changing his system for this game.

Probably not though, giving all the anti-Scotland Smith-haters a chance of a good moan :rolleyes:

We are lightweight up front but it's not a bad squad.

I'd get rid of Douglas and everyone calling for Barry Ferguson's head.

Seems a strange time to ditch Thompson from the squad. Smith, McFadden and Maloney will not be able to perform the role that Miller has been performing so I would hope Smith is changing his system for this game.

Probably not though, giving all the anti-Scotland Smith-haters a chance of a good moan :rolleyes:

735334[/snapback]

Bin Douglas, Ferguson on the bench replaced by Brown. f**k knows what he's got planned up front. Neil McCann? Neil fucking McCann?! Are they lovers or something?!?!??!

Cough cough.

That will be O'Connor's tea oot after Thompson's Champions League goal (well taken despite piss poor marking).

You heard it here yesterday

Good to see your finger on the pulse Monkey :lol:

Steven Thompson is excluded from the squad because he suffered a heart attack after the shock of his goal the other night.

:lol::lol::lol:

Agree also that Boyd must have been close to getting in this squad.

Disappointed to see Pressley there, but those who know me will expect that.

Brown? Yup fully go for that.

McCann.. if, and only if, he can get some form. For all the clamoring for Quashie people seem to forget that McCann has put in performances on the left as good as the Southampton fans favourite.

Boyd not being in the squad is a travesty. If it was the end of a campaign fine, but it's not, it's a warm up for the new "smith revolution".

Smith has been playing well, a stand out in an unpredictable Aberdeen side, from the people I have spoken to.

Nice to see Murray in the squad as I know a lot of people think he is a donkey, yet I am of the opposite opinion.

Disappointed to see Pressley there, but those who know me will expect that.

Nice to see Murray in the squad as I know a lot of people think he is a donkey, yet I am of the opposite opinion.

736281[/snapback]

Both were honking against Belarus, Murray was hooked at HT. Pressley has had his time, he should bow out. Murray is still young and could improve.

Boyd should be in there but we Saints fans can all remember the likes of Frank McGarvey, Frank McAvennie, Steve Clarke and Ian Ferguson all getting caps as soon as they left us for either the OF or the English top league...some clubs are just seen as not being worthy enough of having a current international for some reason unknown to us.

Both were honking against Belarus, Murray was hooked at HT. Pressley has had his time, he should bow out. Murray is still young and could improve.

Boyd should be in there but we Saints fans can all remember the likes of Frank McGarvey, Frank McAvennie, Steve Clarke and Ian Ferguson all getting caps as soon as they left us for either the OF or the English top league...some clubs are just seen as not being worthy enough of having a current international for some reason unknown to us.

736284[/snapback]

But your not looking back and feeling bitter, are you? :P

"After all there is a full SFL programme playing"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What's so funny about that? Alot of Scotland game attendees are fans of SFL team's. There's probably about 5,000-10,000 regular attenders from lower league clubs. Clubs like St.Mirren, Morton and Thistle have big Scotland followings.

I'll tell you what's funny, Killie having an attendance of 3,191 for an SPL match :lol:

Archived