Arbroath v Stenhousemuir

Michael mckenna HAS to play next week. we are shit when he is not in the team. We need to go back to waldo/McKenna up top. Get Donnelley and spence to buggery. Really worry that is going to be our front line in the championship.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arbroath are miles ahead of the chasing pack but are limping towards the finish line. When you are so far ahead it’s pretty normal for a bit of complacency to creep in to your game. Had this sticky patch happened a month ago, it might be a bit different but ourselves, Raith and Forfar are too inconsistent to put on any real pressure.

Photographs from the game, although GoPro uploaded Flickr doesn't seem to be uploading.   https://www.flickr.com/photos/scotsman_in_hawaii/albums/72157707458180384

McCord got a knee in the back and not sure he would have scored from 3 feet from the byline and at that angle.    

Stenhousemuir have vastly improved since we last played them and Marsh and Munro alongside Neill are all huge physical defenders and did what they needed to do in the second half very well and I think they will stay up.   We had 0 shots on target that Smith actually had to save.

Donnelly and Spence are decent players but no doubt probably both feeling the pressure of trying to score goals, I am sure they will come good and playing with a different striking partner every weekend won't help.  During the warm up before kick off Doris actually took Donnelly aside and they were discussing where each other would go during different play.

I'd love to see McGuigan at Gayfield one day, always looks deadly and of the 28 goals we have conceded this season he has scored 5 of them.  

A79I9800 copy.jpg

7 hours ago, Smokie_Bacon_crisps said:

Photographs from the game, although GoPro uploaded Flickr doesn't seem to be uploading.   https://www.flickr.com/photos/scotsman_in_hawaii/albums/72157707458180384

McCord got a knee in the back and not sure he would have scored from 3 feet from the byline and at that angle.    

Stenhousemuir have vastly improved since we last played them and Marsh and Munro alongside Neill are all huge physical defenders and did what they needed to do in the second half very well and I think they will stay up.   We had 0 shots on target that Smith actually had to save.

Donnelly and Spence are decent players but no doubt probably both feeling the pressure of trying to score goals, I am sure they will come good and playing with a different striking partner every weekend won't help.  During the warm up before kick off Doris actually took Donnelly aside and they were discussing where each other would go during different play.

I'd love to see McGuigan at Gayfield one day, always looks deadly and of the 28 goals we have conceded this season he has scored 5 of them.  

A79I9800 copy.jpg

Pongo is well capable of scoring from that angle or any angle, remember him last season chipping a goalie from the byline and also backheeling one into the net from the byline….magician.

Just watched the highlights. In the last two games we have had three red cards, yet none of the offences committed were anything like as bad as Gavin Swankies two footed stamp on Graeme Smith yesterday. A disgraceful, cowardly challenge.

Pongo is well capable of scoring from that angle or any angle, remember him last season chipping a goalie from the byline and also backheeling one into the net from the byline….magician.

Ryan McCord is a legend. A perfect Swankie replacement for when Swankie decides he's had enough, hope he decides to stay and wish he got more game time.

I can't believe the negativity from some Arbroath supporters! Absolute fucking mental that people are spitting the dummy oot and criticising DC and members of the team! Get a grip o yourselves, get another 3-4 wins and enjoy the league winning celebrations! I'm pretty sure every Arbroath supporter would have been delighted to be in your current position with 10 games to go before a ball had been kicked!

I cant believe the negativity from some Arbroath supporters! Absolute fucking mental that people are spitting the dummy oot and criticising DC and members of the team! Get a grip o yourselves, get another 3-4 wins and enjoy the league winning celebrations! I'm pretty sure every Arbroath supporter would have been delighted to be in your current position with 10 games to go before a ball had been kicked!

8 games [emoji12]

dc doesnt see mckenna as a striker has to be doris and wallace upfront next week with mckenna in the midfield for his drive and aggression been saying for weeks our midfield at the moment lacks imagination they cant see forward runs etc maybe time for pongo in for gav let makenna do the spade work and pongo pulling the strings

From the highlights, for Stenny's first goal it looks like McGuigan fouled Jamieson, pushed him to the ground and into the goal before the ball from the corner had reached the goalmouth. 

Swankie was maybe lucky to only get a yellow card, some refs would have given a red card for his collision with the keeper.

Problem yesterday was some very poor individual performances. The back four and jmaieson have been immense all season, yesterday they were poor, very poor.

Linn and Swankie who are by far our most creative players were also off it. 

Mckenna is a huge miss I agree, i know one player doesn’t make a team but he would’ve  made a huge difference. SFA and their ludicrous appeal process cost us

Still think 3 wins may be enough, hopefully we’ve had our sticky patch and can finish the season strongly.

has to be doris wallace upfront with mckenna in midfield but yet again dc will put his star signing in at some point . just a question we have lost 4 goals in 2 weeks do i hear any discussion regarding our defence the silence is deafening but it wont matter it will be strikers fault anyway

has to be doris wallace upfront with mckenna in midfield but yet again dc will put his star signing in at some point . just a question we have lost 4 goals in 2 weeks do i hear any discussion regarding our defence the silence is deafening but it wont matter it will be strikers fault anyway

I know what you mean, the defence isn’t exempt from criticism but yesterday we had 0 shots on target against the worst team & defence in the league.

Archived