The 2019 Play-Off Thread

Play-Offs  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's that time of year again so keep all your play-off chat here...

Championship

11th May - Aston Villa vs West Brom

11th May - Derby vs Leeds

14th May - West Brom vs Aston Villa

15th May - Leeds vs Derby

27th May -

League One

11th May - Sunderland vs Portsmouth

12th May - Doncaster vs Charlton

16th May - Portsmouth vs Sunderland

17th May - Charlton vs Doncaster

26th May -

League Two

9th May - Newport vs Mansfield

10th May - Tranmere vs Forest Green

12th May - Mansfield vs Newport

13th May - Forest Green vs Tranmere

25th May - Newport vs Tranmere

Edited by The Naitch

5 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Ah I didn't realise regarding Fylde.

Only bonus is a new team up to league 2.

Notts county and Yeovil down be interesting

The guy that owns Fylde tried to buy Blackpool but got the bums rush. Decided to show them what they were missing and chucked his lot in with a pal who was already helping Fylde.

Just now, G_Man1985 said:
1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:
The guy that owns Fylde tried to buy Blackpool but got the bums rush. Decided to show them what they were missing and chucked his lot in with a pal who was already helping Fylde.

If they dont go up this season is this something that will hold them back ?

I don't know much more. He seems quite a good guy and his backed them well so far. But they are an amalgamation of two village teams. I worry how much their support will stand up when they lose more than win, or when he moves on or dies.

In saying all that, look at Forest Green, so what do I know? Or even Wigan who came up by virtually the same route.

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

I remember when Wigan were in third division as my cousin was at Carlisle then. Both Fulham and Wigan get bought over and the rest is history. Michael knighton for Carlisle :-(.
Forest Green was a huge buyer was it not. Sure I read or seen a programme about the village they were gonna build around the stadium

Aye, the football is a means to secure land and planning for green energy project. These might be legit plans, but up here we seem to get chances getting involved and it has left me suspicious. Notably best to let everyone get back to play off chat.

I'd be curious to see how far Salford push it if they go up. Players from the Championship?

Tough call but O'Brien might consider himself lucky not to be sent off there. Reckon the Mansfield striker would have got to that.

I might be wrong but shouldn’t a sending off be for “denying a goal scoring opportunity”? Walker was going to get to the ball first and be 1 on 1 with the keeper so surely it merited a red!

Lovely goal that tho to put the Stags 1-0 up