The 2019 Play-Off Thread

Play-Offs  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, DrewDon said:

Every time I see Hourihane for Villa, which admittedly isn't very often, he seems to do something good. I can only presume Whelan plays ahead of him for a bit more balance.

I'd assume so but this kind of game where Wear Brom have just defended for 90% of the time Whelan isn't needed. No coincidence the goals came after this changes.

Huge two minutes for Villa there.

Another big moment for Villa as a clear penalty shout for West Brom goes without punishment. You need to have some great luck to get penalties for something like that, which I guess goes back to the shitebag refereeing when it comes to big decisions.

Another big moment for Villa as a clear penalty shout for West Brom goes without punishment. You need to have some great luck to get penalties for something like that, which I guess goes back to the shitebag refereeing when it comes to big decisions.

I don’t think it’s as clear cut as commentators were making out, but it could have gone against them.

Ridiculous thing to do on a yellow.

Absolutely, he’s not really calmed down after the yellow, always looked like he had potential to pick up a 2nd . That challenge makes things so easy for the ref. A strict ref could even consider it a potential red on its own.

Edit- and getting a yellow for time wasting an hour into a first leg is poor in itself.

Absolutely no way he'd get a red for that. A yellow for the lateness of it, but he's tried, and succeeded, to pull out a bit, despite the idiot commentator's attempts to say otherwise.

He’s left the ground at just about full pace. Refs are being a bit more lenient now so I agree it would be an unlikely red, however a few years ago that would have been enough for some to send players off.

3 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Every time I see Hourihane for Villa, which admittedly isn't very often, he seems to do something good. I can only presume Whelan plays ahead of him for a bit more balance.

Hourihane is always capable of popping up with an assist or a screamer (he rarely scores a tap-in), but he's also capable of having quiet games. 

Whelan virtually never does anything spectacular but is more solid... with the obvious exception of that backpass today. His game of keeping it simple is perfectly fine with the more talented SJM and Grealish to pass to. It didn't work so well today partly because McGinn had, arguably, his worst game for us. 

Was wondering why the Football League thread had no new posts, hadn't noticed this one! 

Would have taken that with twenty minutes left! Still plenty to do, but we have a chance. And with Clyde through to their final it hasn't been a bad day at all. 8)

Come on you Villa Boys.