sunday routine

Ylf

what does everyone do on a sunday? recovering from a hangover? working? or fanny about in the garden. do people still go visit relatives on a sunday. if i’m not out the saturday i will probably be up early and go for a long walk or a cycle. used to have a few pints but up early for work and can’t handle the hangovers anymore. usually have roast chicken or roast beef for tea.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

started playing 5's on a Sunday night followed by a roast chicken

ETA it is quite tricky but I don't have any pals who want to play and a Goat was to good

I'm slightly tender today so I'm up had a coffee and I'm going to take the dog out for a few hours. Have to go shopping and do a few bits and pieces. Nothing exciting this week.

Just now, throbber said:

My finishing point, I usually start about 3. Going for a walk today so will make an excuse to pop into a pub for a quick libation at around 2 o clock. Used to love old firm Sunday’s as I could start drinking at 12 but not getting to the pub for it today.

I wouldn't even use that scum as an excuse to drink.

I'm in Southend on the Mull of Kintyre just now, receiving a badly needed injection of Scottishness.

Little bit of early morning mist rolling in from the sea I desire. Maybe I should write a song about this. 

Have discovered this amazing tearoom/cafe/restaurant in the village and will be heading here for afternoon tea after a round of golf at Dunaverty Golf Club.

http://www.muneroy.co.uk/images/index.htm

Currently sprawled on the settee with the bairn sat on me watching crap on the ipad. Taking her up so she can have a splash about in the bath for half an hour then work at 3 for me. Different every week due to shift patterns, last week I was well into my shift by this time and next week I'm off all day so no routines at all for me.

Currently watching world superbikes on TV. Will take dog for a walk later. 

We have some kebabs bought from the local butcher defrosting in the fridge. Was going to stir fry them later but if it stays nice, might fire up the bbq. 

No football of interest to me on TV today.  

Had to get up early to decorate spare bedroom as we have some German girl coming to stay for a week.  Boring but had the latest Adam Buxton podcast to listen to. Then the ironing then out for a run with the dog. Now have to get some shopping for my decrepit mother and pop over to Fife to visit her. Gym later to do a few rounds on bag. Another dog walk at some point, watch a film later with Mrs. 

The younger me would be disgusted at this dreary domesticity. 

1 hour ago, throbber said:

My finishing point, I usually start about 3. Going for a walk today so will make an excuse to pop into a pub for a quick libation at around 2 o clock. Used to love old firm Sunday’s as I could start drinking at 12 but not getting to the pub for it today.

It's one thing I've sadly not witnessed.

An Old Firm Sunday match being shown live in a pub could tell a few stories I bet.

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

In the colder months a roast is a fixture but less so now it's warm and sunny. Mostly just get the wee fella up and fed then if its nice weather, out for a walk or into the garden. If not then a trip to the gym and play some games or watch some netflix. Maybe make a loaf of bread if I'm organised enough.

A Sunday morning Sherman has a lot going for it.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Had to get up early to decorate spare bedroom as we have some German girl coming to stay for a week.  Boring but had the latest Adam Buxton podcast to listen to. Then the ironing then out for a run with the dog. Now have to get some shopping for my decrepit mother and pop over to Fife to visit her. Gym later to do a few rounds on bag. Another dog walk at some point, watch a film later with Mrs. 

See the source image

Get all the washing done first thing, couple of bacon rolls for lunch.

Weather depending we go for a drive and get tea when we’re out.

If it is shite weather, watch shite on the telly.

No routine for me, waiting to find out if I'm working or not, if not will golf then go up to my dad's tonight for a Chinese. 

Also my gf graduates with masters today, I can watch live online, so if I don't work will watch that. 

Wanted to go and but a bike too but don't really have the time and don't know how I would get it home if it doesn't fit in the car.

Guest Moomintroll

Had to get up early to fit a spycam in the spare bedroom as we have some German girl coming to stay for a week.  Boring but had the latest Adam Buxton podcast to listen to. Then the ironing then out for a run with the dog. Now have to get some shopping for my decrepit mother and pop over to Fife to visit her. Gym later to do a few rounds on bag. Another dog walk at some point, watch a film later with Mrs. 
FTFY m9.

Archived