English Premier League 2019-20

4 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:

Enjoy VAR ruining next season lads.

Premier League announce they won’t use it to rule on goalkeepers moving off their line early. Phew at least that’s something. 

Guest Moomintroll

So why the hell are they doing it during this World Cup? I thought the whole point of VAR was to remove errors & inconsistencies, get it straight into the sea.

38 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Benitez leaving Newcastle at the end of the month

Club statement "We have worked hard to extend Rafa’s contract over a significant period of time, however it has not been - and will not be - possible to reach an agreement with Rafa and his representatives."

Mick Quinn on Twitter said that Benitez was offered a one-year deal and no assurances. What a disgraceful way to treat a manager who somehow  kept the club in the EPL last season with a mediocre squad. The club had a negative net spend in the transfer windows!

Club statement "We have worked hard to extend Rafa’s contract over a significant period of time, however it has not been - and will not be - possible to reach an agreement with Rafa and his representatives."
Mick Quinn on Twitter said that Benitez was offered a one-year deal and no assurances. What a disgraceful way to treat a manager who somehow  kept the club in the EPL last season with a mediocre squad. The club had a negative net spend in the transfer windows!

Yep. He’s been treated terribly and has done a great job. What price Steven Gerrard for the Newcastle job?

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Yep. He’s been treated terribly and has done a great job. What price Steven Gerrard for the Newcastle job?

Gerrard wouldn't take such a toxic job. Ashley probably wouldn't cough up the compensation for him anyway.

The new manager will have very little, if any, money to improve the squad. No top manager would go near it. That's why the  betting markets are crazy with Gary Monk top of the list this morning. 

It's probably for job an EPL manager who is out of work. David Moyes, Chris Hughton, Mark Hughes and Tony Pulis spring to mind. I doubt that Sam Allardyce would go back there but you never know.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

29 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Gerrard wouldn't take such a toxic job. Ashley probably wouldn't cough up the compensation for him anyway.

The new manager will have very little, if any, money to improve the squad. No top manager would go near it. That's why the  betting markets are crazy with Gary Monk top of the list this morning. 

It's probably for job an EPL manager who is out of work. David Moyes, Chris Hughton, Mark Hughes and Tony Pulis spring to mind. I doubt that Sam Allardyce would go back there but you never know.

Don't think Hughton would go back after the way he was treated last time.  Ashley has burnt a lot of bridges so they will probably end up with someone from the Meh-rry go round of mediocre old managers like Hughes, Moyes, Pulis, et al.

After seeing the absolute mess that David Moyes made of the Sunderland job, I can't see Newcastle going for him.

And just to dispel any myths that surround his tenure there, David Moyes was given adequate money to keep Sunderland up and failed miserably.

16 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

After seeing the absolute mess that David Moyes made of the Sunderland job, I can't see Newcastle going for him.

And just to dispel any myths that surround his tenure there, David Moyes was given adequate money to keep Sunderland up and failed miserably.

The latest rumour is that Newcastle are going in for Avram Grant

Train crash.gif

19 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

That's not quite true though. Sunderland were near the bottom in spending from the summer he had and the players they did sign were the likes of Love, McNair, Djilobodji etc who were youngsters who likely weren't on big wages.

He didn't do well obviously but I think it's fair to say that they were a horrific side who had just scraped staying up and needed a lot of work.

That's not quite true though. Sunderland were near the bottom in spending from the summer he had and the players they did sign were the likes of Love, McNair, Djilobodji etc who were youngsters who likely weren't on big wages.
He didn't do well obviously but I think it's fair to say that they were a horrific side who had just scraped staying up and needed a lot of work.
You might think so, but sadly not. Papi Djilibodji, as an example, was given a £33,000 a week contract by Moyes, who also spent £8m on him as a transfer fee. The side did need a lot of work, but the decisions Moyes made were absolutely laughable.

You might think so, but sadly not. Papi Djilibodji, as an example, was given a £33,000 a week contract by Moyes, who also spent £8m on him as a transfer fee. The side did need a lot of work, but the decisions Moyes made were absolutely laughable.
I'm not saying otherwise but that's no indication of being financially supported. £33k wasn't a big salary five years ago.

14 minutes ago, Binos said:

Would Stevie G take the Newcastle job

Couldn’t see him walking out on Rangers at this point in time and certainly not to join a current basket case like Newcastle.