~The Sixth Sense~ Hamilton Academical 2019/2020 Thread

Has there been any mention of Ogkmpoe recently? His fitness is really poor and he's not been the same since his injury in October, but I still think there's a useful player in there - he can run and causes chaos for defenders (and himself).

I wouldn't be surprised to see Beck, Fjortoft and Want leave in January, although that would require getting a new CB in.

Leon McCann to Airdrie permanently.

Adedoyin gone and wins most pointless signing of the season this season. Following in the foot steps of Aaron Smith, Lamine Diatta and the black guy we started upfront away to Aberdeen once who I can’t remember.

21 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Leon McCann to Airdrie permanently.

Adedoyin gone and wins most pointless signing of the season this season. Following in the foot steps of Aaron Smith, Lamine Diatta and the black we started upfront away to Aberdeen once who I can’t remember.

I sincerely hope that's a typo and not blatant racism.

1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:

Disappointed to see McCann go . Adedoyin has the worst attitude I have ever seen and barely got a game for the reserves.

Shocked you have let him go TBH. That's an absolute steal for us. The boy is going to be a star. Raw but has a skill set, attitude and mentality beyond his years. Good and smart defensively and cracking going forward too. 

Thanks guys. 

2 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Describing someone as a black guy is racism? Ok then.

Your exact words were "the black". Yes, that's racism. I had hoped it had been a mistake and it was meant to be "the bloke" or something like that. Sadly, as far as you are concerned the decade we are about to enter is the 1970's.

Your exact words were "the black". Yes, that's racism. I had hoped it had been a mistake and it was meant to be "the bloke" or something like that. Sadly, as far as you are concerned the decade we are about to enter is the 1970's.

Here we go again!
How many slaves do you own Hendo?

Now thats just a fucking strange comment. 

The clothes we wear, the phones we use, how do you think we get them?

Slave labour. Proper poor people, often black, rummaging in mud to find metal used in our phones, for example.

Pointing out racism (and every other ism), and relishing in rushing to do so on a forum, whilst perpetrating slavery and oppression?

We’re all guilty of the latter. We’re lacking perspective. We’re probably hypocrites. Myself included.

We will no more put an end to any ism than we will refuse to stop slavery by giving up our precious phones and designer labels. The worst of it is that we are selective in where we focus our ire.

Hence when I see someone climbing up to the saddle of that moral high horse and shouting “ism” on here, I think, here we go, more imbalanced moral crusaders. As for the cesspit that is Twitter, disagree on a nothing subject and you’re met with a torrent of vitriol and abuse by moral warriors who are, likewise, hypocrites themselves.

It’s a strange world. I know because I’m part of it default_smile.png

On 31/12/2019 at 14:16, airdrieman said:

Shocked you have let him go TBH. That's an absolute steal for us. The boy is going to be a star. Raw but has a skill set, attitude and mentality beyond his years. Good and smart defensively and cracking going forward too. 

Thanks guys. 

I'm genuinely stunned we have managed to sign him this easily. It's an absolute coup. He has quite easily been the best left back in the league this year. Plus an 18 month deal means we could potentially cash in this summer if someone comes sniffing with a decent offer (which they surely will). 

https://www.hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/luke-southwood/

Panicked after reading the intro, but the ending's a bit more positive. I don't think he's irreplaceable as he's safe but no more, however my worry would be if we just ran with OFW, Fulton and Gourlay for the rest of the season.

8 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

https://www.hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/luke-southwood/

Panicked after reading the intro, but the ending's a bit more positive. I don't think he's irreplaceable as he's safe but no more, however my worry would be if we just ran with OFW, Fulton and Gourlay for the rest of the season.

Short term, getting Southwood back is a must. 

Continuing on with OFW is a straight red sackable offence. 

Long term getting a decent keeper (like Gary Woods) tied up for a good few years would be good.