The AEW Thread

TheGoon

17 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I think this match could have benefited by waiting until they had a full crowd. There isn't the same experience watching mjf climbing up on top, with jericho taking a pause between every rung on the scaffold, without a proper pop. With more of a crowd and obviously having the finish towards the crowd they did actually have, it would have been much better. It needed that crowd interaction for that finish to work. I did think the match was a success otherwise though.

As an aside, omega is bang average with promos. Love watching him wrestle, but his promo work is lacking.

I thought the crowd was pretty loud actually for how many were in there, and they were super into the rest of the match. Even if there’d been 50,000 folk there, on that camera angle the finish would’ve still looked dreadful

I thought the crowd was pretty loud actually for how many were in there, and they were super into the rest of the match. Even if there’d been 50,000 folk there, on that camera angle the finish would’ve still looked dreadful

The crowd were good, but it would have been alot better with some of the spots if it was at capacity. I find it hard to get too annoyed at a guy in his 50's taking a "soft" bump from that height. It is all about the camera work with that. It's that type of thing that is holding aew back. They have the talent, the TV time etc. They just need to fine tune things like that to make the product more professional, then the sky's the limit for them imo.

#1 rated show on cable for the first time. Viewership’s lower than they probably would’ve liked but still cracking a million’s not the end of the world. Next week’s show is pretty stacked so see how many stick about for it.

6 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

#1 rated show on cable for the first time. Viewership’s lower than they probably would’ve liked but still cracking a million’s not the end of the world. Next week’s show is pretty stacked so see how many stick about for it.

I thought they cracked a million again? 1.09mil was it not?

5 minutes ago, grumswall said:
6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:
I thought they cracked a million again? 1.09mil was it not?

He says they cracked a million in his post ludo.

I've obviously got it wrong.

The way I read it was that, 'Viewership's lower, but it's not like they need to crack 1m every week' since being the number 1 rated show is a bigger deal.

The finish wasn't great and the bump was daft but watching the Ups and Downs on Whatculture (I know, I know) they did say that after the Matt Hardy bump, they'll obviously be cautious. It just could've been done so much better.

The match itself was amazing, Inner Circle as  faces are actually more of a threat than as heels and genuinely hope Santana & Ortiz are marked as challengers again. Guevara has so much talent and glad he got past his issues, his suspension has clearly slowed his progression but he still has the potential to be a champion.

Finally, stick the belt on Miro, don't see it happening but if he loses next week I struggle to see where they go with him  

Agree the belt needs to be put on miro next week. Can't see what benefit allin would get from holding it. We all know he can take a bump and still fight. I don't really feel like he's doing enough to make the belt a big deal now because of that.

Dynamite going back on the road from July 7th. Just around the same time as quite a lot of 90 day no-competes are finished...

It's be interesting to see how long WWE keep doing the Thunderdome shows. They have been very open about how much money they are saving by not touring, but it'll look pretty tinpot if their main competitor is safely running full arenas, while WWE are relying on digital fists and train sound effects.

49 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Moxley vs Nagata first up and big TK has used Fulham's parachute payment to pay for the rights to Wild Thing.

Not sure it's great as entrance music. Kinda sucked the atmosphere away from the moment.

Cody's promo was decent. Clearly meant a lot to him. 

Sad about SCU, hoped they would win via DQ to keep it going a bit longer. The fact that they cut to Moxley/Kingston straight after the match ended suggests we'll likely see them again before the show is up.