The AEW Thread

TheGoon

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I reckon they would have done it last year. Fact is they got a kickback from a Tourist board to make. Just like with Puerto Rico coming up. They'll go where they are getting paid. Fans are the cherry on top.

Aye, the Welsh Government bared their arses and WWE were more than happy to take full advantage. If Cardiff was in North America, it would be one of those diddy towns that commentary don't even acknowledge they are in.

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Chuffed to see Jeff looking really healthy.

I really wish he'd have stayed away. Working a schedule is no good for him. Watching people having to sell those awful chair shots for him in slow motion was really grim and it'll only get worse as he ramps up his stunts. 

Thought Darby's promo was absolutely fantastic on Dynamite. Felt he wasn't much of a talker but he's put that to bed over the last few weeks.

Can strangely hear a bit of Roddy Piper in him as well with that audible gasp when he starts a sentence when worked up. Don't think that's intentional and just think it's way he talks but it sounds great.

Darby's really starting to grow on me.  Still feel like he'd be the sort of guy you'd absolutely not want to spend any extended period of time with, but he's really believable in this role.  And maybe it gets him into a position where his wish to kill himself in a wrestling ring actually means more than a throwaway match on Dynamite.  I don't think any of the three are going to take the title off MJF, but if it's going to be one of them, it absolutely should be Allin.  Guavara is a fucking gimp, and I just don't think Jungle Boy is there yet.

These women's matches are getting awfully tedious aren't they?  Some combination of good gals vs Saraya/Storm/Soho, 5 minute match, heels use shenanigans to win, Saraya gets out the paint to do the Mean Girls bit, run-in from Hayter, run-in from anyone else that fancies it, and scene.  Really don't seem like they can be at all arsed with it all. 

On 13/04/2023 at 18:58, Ludo*1 said:

They'll need a name like him to sell out Wembley.

Cornette starting rumours of either a Sting or Goldberg retirement match.

12 hours ago, forameus said:

Darby's really starting to grow on me.  Still feel like he'd be the sort of guy you'd absolutely not want to spend any extended period of time with, but he's really believable in this role.  And maybe it gets him into a position where his wish to kill himself in a wrestling ring actually means more than a throwaway match on Dynamite.  I don't think any of the three are going to take the title off MJF, but if it's going to be one of them, it absolutely should be Allin.  Guavara is a fucking gimp, and I just don't think Jungle Boy is there yet.

These women's matches are getting awfully tedious aren't they?  Some combination of good gals vs Saraya/Storm/Soho, 5 minute match, heels use shenanigans to win, Saraya gets out the paint to do the Mean Girls bit, run-in from Hayter, run-in from anyone else that fancies it, and scene.  Really don't seem like they can be at all arsed with it all. 

Even worse when it big Jade Cargill on Rampage. She is fucking awful.

Sting hinted at retirement on Wednesday, but Wembley might be a bit too soon for that for him.

Goldberg however could be a shout.

Jade Cargill could be decent but the problem is how stale her act is and how she's going absolutely nowhere. She's kept away from the women's world title scene for some reason.

36 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Sting hinted at retirement on Wednesday, but Wembley might be a bit too soon for that for him.

Retirement has been on the cards since the end of last year. There are some interviews out there.

It's wrestling so anything can happen, but the belief is once his contract is up he's done in ring. If it isn't All In then there's only two PPVs (If All Out is also happening).

There's a long way to get to Wembley. Double or Nothing then Forbidden Door. Then all of July & August.

The 4 Pillars seems to be getting paced out to Double or Nothing.

After last year i'm trying not to get too deep into fantasy booking as they were jinxed all summer. Jeff Hardy back on his ?th chance and all the CM Punk turmoil. Things could go horribly wrong.