The AEW Thread

TheGoon

I heard that the Young Bucks made CM Punk assault Jack Perry over an innocuous comment.

I also heard that the Young Bucks made CM Punk make comments about Hangman after Collision went off air.

I also heard that the Young Bucks and Hangman Page have made loads of comments online and references in promos about CM Punk and haven't actually distanced themselves from him and the situation.

13 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I heard that the Young Bucks made CM Punk assault Jack Perry over an innocuous comment.

I also heard that the Young Bucks made CM Punk make comments about Hangman after Collision went off air.

I also heard that the Young Bucks and Hangman Page have made loads of comments online and references in promos about CM Punk and haven't actually distanced themselves from him and the situation.

Reports have Jungle Boy initially assaulting Punk.

Hangman commented first.

They do it via Meltzer and Alvarez.

Next.

Anyway, away from the Punk pish, thought Dynamite was quite weak this week. Coming after such a massive event and being a go home show for All Out, it was pretty dull and pretty poor.

Tony Khan should have learned that All Out shouldn't be a week after All In (no PPVs should be just a week apart) but he's doing it next year too. Daft.

Edited by DA Baracus

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

😄

You're at it here.

I don’t really watch AEW cause I find it awful 90% of the time but I do like to read/keep up with the stories and behind the scenes stuff as thats all I really find interesting. Seems clear to me and I’d have thought clear to any non fanboy/unbiased individual that the Alvarez and Meltzer stuff is completely obvious.

Not gonna get into the rights and wrongs of it all because well I don’t really care but what I do find strange is that people want them to stop fighting and feuding. Isn’t that what wrestling is all about? Conflict, drama and the illusion of real heat? Hardcore AEW fans seem to want everyone to be friends and a lot of the wrestlers portray that on TV as well. I can’t understand it at all, it’s so boring and counterintuitive to what wrestling was. Let them fight I say. Love hearing about Punk slapping about someone else backstage. Outside MJF it’s the most entertaining thing in AEW.

Edited by Londonwell

5 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

I don’t really watch AEW cause I find it awful 90% of the time but I do like to read/keep up with the stories and behind the scenes stuff as thats all I really find interesting. Seems clear to me and I’d have thought clear to any non fanboy/unbiased individual that the Alvarez and Meltzer stuff is completely obvious.

Not gonna get into the rights and wrongs of it all because well I don’t really care but what I do find strange is that people want them to stop fighting and feuding. Isn’t that what wrestling is all about? Conflict, drama and the illusion of real heat? Hardcore AEW fans seem to want everyone to be friends and a lot of the wrestlers portray that on TV as well. I can’t understand it at all, it’s so boring and counterintuitive to what wrestling was. Let them fight I say. Love hearing about Punk slapping about someone else backstage. Outside MJF it’s the most entertaining thing in AEW.

I'd absolutely love Punk to have matches with the guys he doesn't like, but sounds like neither side trusts the other, so won't be happening.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I'd absolutely love Punk to have matches with the guys he doesn't like, but sounds like neither side trusts the other, so won't be happening.

That’s true and a shame. I guess as someone who only really watches clips instead of the TV programme that doesn’t really bother me as much as someone who watches regularly. I get my fix from the behind the scenes stuff instead. 

Edited by Londonwell

6 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I'm currently watching the All In replay on ITV4, they seem to be showing it mostly intact with a random cut here and there. The whole event looks spectacular, kudos to AEW's production people.

Cuts are to be expected. Wasn't it a 4 hour time slot and the ppv was just short of 4. 

My takeaway from the whole Punk thing is that when you have guys or a group of guys who dislike each other, the absolute simplest thing to do is to stick them all in a programme and let it play out.

If either side says 'no' or takes liberties, get rid.

Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels, the obvious last match aside and that wasn't Shawn's call, detested one another and weren't shy about it or burying one another in front of a camera. When it came to physicality though, both men trusted one another 100% that they'd be professional and no liberties would be taken on either side on terms of really hurting or injuring one another.

Stick Punk with Perry, the Bucks, Omega (lesser extent), Hangman, get them in programmes, play on the real dramas. Controversy = cash and viewers. If any party doesn't want to do it them maybe the wrestling business isn't for them.

I think half the problem is that none of these guys want to work a half-shoot programme with Punk as like the guy or not, in an angle, he'd verbally decimate every one of them and leave them looking stupid if he wanted to.

The funny thing is before Punk signed with AEW. He was someone the Elite wanted to sign. Even tried to get him involved in the original All In.

Clearly, reality is a little different. And it's not just The Elite that have ended up with ill feelings to him.

After last year I don't think he would have been back if it hadn't been for Collision. The Cost-Benefit analysis of adding 52 live dates, increased domestic and international TV rights was deemed worth the backlash from bringing him back. Which is why we've seen the compromised situation play out to try and keep everyone happy.

14 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I heard your dad went into a restaurant, and ate everything in the restaurant, and they had to close the restaurant

Anyone who doesn't think Meltzer and Alvarez have a clear side in this just needs to read the following:

Screenshot_20230901_225258_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2bd010e0265db6ad44855a503d916b1a.jpg

Said it for years, Meltzer is a fucking wee dweeb. Punk, as everyone knows, is not a good fighter in UFC terms but it's hilarious to believe that if he was seriously hitting Jack Perry, Perry could just stand there and palm it off as an annoyance.

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Anyone who doesn't think Meltzer and Alvarez have a clear side in this just needs to read the following:

Screenshot_20230901_225258_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2bd010e0265db6ad44855a503d916b1a.jpg

Said it for years, Meltzer is a fucking wee dweeb. Punk, as everyone knows, is not a good fighter in UFC terms but it's hilarious to believe that if he was seriously hitting Jack Perry, Perry could just stand there and palm it off as an annoyance.

He included pretty much everything he has been told. The WON has never been anything more than a gossip rag (which is what the audience wants) with Meltzer's opinion.

Which is why that version and the one about threatening Tony Khan are doing the rounds on all the clickbait aggregators and social media. The more timid versions just for those that bother with a subscription and see the complete article.

6 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

He included pretty much everything he has been told. The WON has never been anything more than a gossip rag (which is what the audience wants) with Meltzer's opinion.

Which is why that version and the one about threatening Tony Khan are doing the rounds on all the clickbait aggregators and social media. The more timid versions just for those that bother with a subscription and see the complete article.

Exactly, he reports what he's been told. Point is, told by whom? Seems pretty obvious who his sources are on a consistent basis. Say what you want about Punk but at least he has the baws to front things up to peoples face. Whereas the other side leak things to their dweeb pal masquerading as a journalist.

Look at me, have a few drinks and turn into a Phil fanboy😂

Edited by Londonwell