The AEW Thread

TheGoon

I've seen a theory that it could be the NJPW Bullet Club crew, angry at Jay White's rogue faction.

I think the Bang Bang Gang still have a lot of mileage as heels, so it's probably too soon to bring in a new heel faction to face them.

Cole seems the more likely culprit, especially with him being wise to MJF planning to attack him on the boat and himself being slow to help out MJF last week. Cole would also be angry at White jumping the queue to get a title shot.

It's very intriguing regardless of what happens. As long as it doesn't veer too far into Russo/Bloodline territory, with everyone swerving each other for no real reason.

Cole is going to be out of action for at least a couple of months so it would definitely be one way to progress his story and if everyone is fully covered it's an easy way to not have him have to take part in anything physical. With it being mjfs mask then he also in theory has easy access to it. There is the case that it could just be mjf realising what Cole said about it being normal to have more than one friend is true though. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Swerve Strickland is so good. Believe every word he says and he's one cold, calculating b*****d. 

WWE fucked up big time letting him go.

Him stopping Nana’s dancing during his entrance is the biggest heel move since Big Bossman at the funeral. 

Granted I wasn't paying full attention to Dynamite as I went through it last night, but I assumed the Jay White attack was just supposed to be a straight "it was MJF" deal, so did I miss something?  Kind of hope I did, as it seems like a bit of a baffling step for it to be that simple, but I'm not sure the alternatives make much sense either.  Still, decent cliffhanger to end on.

Fucking gutting for Cole though, especially over something so innocuous.  Be a real shame if this causes the previously great MJF/Cole stuff to get derailed.

It's very clearly not MJF as why would he hide himself? It's also very clearly meant to frame him. Thinking The Kingdom could be up to shenanigans here to try and alienate Cole from MJF.

Jumping from the ramp should be banned in AEW. The outcomes are seldom good.

Fucking hell I'm going to have to start watching this now just for Edge. 

If they f**k him around I'll personally murder Tony Khan. He's literally the only guy I'd ever get invested in if he went there. The only one. 

I just hope he's not forced to almost kill himself like many others there.

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

If they f**k him around I'll personally murder Tony Khan. He's literally the only guy I'd ever get invested in if he went there. The only one. 

Nobody’s been forced to do anything. Sting is jumping through tables because he wants to. 

Mental seeing him somewhere else, especially with the music. Phenomenal hire though, needed a star with Punk’s loss and he’s about as big a one as they’ll get.

Some really good stuff on the show, though it didn’t quite feel as big as their other PPVs. Danielson/ZSJ, Swerve/Page, the 6 Man and main event were all excellent. Enjoyed Claudio & Barnett on the preshow too. 

Wayne turn’s a great direction. Don’t think he needed to side with Christian, immediately anyway, but it makes sense with the whole Darby/AR Fox stuff the other month.

I liked all of the matches, a lot of good wrestling top to bottom. Swerve is something else, I'm really coming round to him.

Edge being there is crazy, he's as close to a pure WWE guy that they could get, and there's so many options there for him.

Watching the media scrum after the show, you can really see the enthusiasm Adam copeland has to be there. He essentially complains about only being used every 3 months in wwe and talks about how much he's looking forward to being involved every week. His first match is against luchasauros on 10/10 dynamite (which is a Tuesday). The scrums are worth watching for Bryan danielson alone. He seems like such a genuinely nice and honest guy with everything. 

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

For me the AEW product is just far better overall than WWE, as is their (albeit bloated) roster. I watch all three AEW shows almost every week since it’s inception. Prior to AEW starting, for probably 7 or 8 years I’d watch Raw or Smackdown maybe half a dozen times a year plus the Rumble and Wrestlemania and always find myself thinking that it was utter garbage. Although it’s far from flawless, AEW has made me really enjoy watching wrestling on a weekly basis again. 

All that being said, and without any real foundation, there’s a part of me keeps thinking it’ll all go WCW eventually as long as WWE are the top dogs. Tony Khan seems to smart (and rich) on the face of it for that to happen but I often wonder if he’ll get bored of it all one day.