The AEW Thread

TheGoon

On 26/05/2022 at 23:08, DA Baracus said:

The current champion is possibly one of the three biggest faces in the company. Wardlow too. Mox has an argument for being in there. Danielson is becoming face as well.

Page has shown that you don't need to have top tier challengers week to week anyway. There's plenty of time to build towards a bigger challenger for the PPVs.

There's no way Page can hang (pun intended) as their top baby face for so long. I'd also imagine Punk is pulling in crazy amounts with merch, why switch it up for a "swerve, bro?"

46 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

There's no way Page can hang (pun intended) as their top baby face for so long. I'd also imagine Punk is pulling in crazy amounts with merch, why switch it up for a "swerve, bro?"

He'll still shift loads of merchandise if he turns heel.

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Looks like MJF might be done.

No showed a fan event yesterday and reports saying he booked a red-eye to get out of Vegas and back to Newark though that's not confirmed.

As with everything MJF related, some are saying 'work' but it's apparently a real ongoing situation with him.

I'm 99% sure he's at it.

He was at the very end of the Fanfest poster for the time slot. So much so he's actually cropped out on the ticket website. It's not like he was heavily featured. All talent was subject to change. Which came in handy whe Samoa Joe was double booked. 

So he no shows, but he's seen out in public. Gambling at the same complex as the event. 

He's booked a flight, but never got on it. 

He's under contract for 2 years. I wonder what's going on 🤔

Apparently he isn’t in the building, yet. I’d feel enormously for Wardlow if he gets fucked over here. Suppose something could still get worked out at the last minute. 

1 minute ago, TheGoon said:

Apparently he isn’t in the building, yet. I’d feel enormously for Wardlow if he gets fucked over here. Suppose something could still get worked out at the last minute. 

Surely this is a work? 

Tonight should be great. 

I enjoyed the PPV, but I think it suffered from the usual AEW issue of there being far too much on the show to digest it all. Moments like Hathaway and Athena debuting should feel like a big deal, but are almost instantly forgotten as they rush into the next segment. They could have cut 3 or 4 of those matches without affecting the quality of the PPV 

Its worrying seeing Khan talk afterwards about how he wants to follow the UFC PPV model of being on air as long as possible with the main even starting very late. Its exhausting enough watching at home, never mind the poor fans in the arena for nearly 6 hours.

I still prefer this to a 3 hour Raw where nothing happens, but I think there is a happy medium to be found.

Martha Hart seems like a genuine class act. The exact opposite of when Dana Warrior is wheeled out every year.

Good enough show, but hurt by the length yet again. I get the philosophy of onky having 4 and wanting to load them, but stuff gets lost, and matches that had no business on a PPV card end up on there. 

House of Black match was my MOTN, and I thought Anarchy in the Arena was a load of fun, tag title match was solid too. There’s nothing else I could ever see myself rewatching though, main event included. 

Right call to switch the belt though, way more interesting feuds for Punk to have (heel or face) with loads of guys on the roster. Hangman will be back at some point.