The AEW Thread

TheGoon

Lots of chat that Santana and Ortiz have legit fell out and Santana will be gone as soon as his contract is up. A real shame. I know PnP got a lot of big match exposure but they were criminally underused as a team.

It's pretty much pure speculation at this point. After or around Blood & Guts, Sean Ross Sapp was doing a live stream and taking questions from fans. He repeated a question mentioning how distant Santana & Ortiz have been, the previous tweets from Santana from around the Inner Circle breaking up and Sapp gave a reponse to the question.

All the points mentioned in the question from a random fan were lifted as things Sean Ross Sapp said himself and aggregated by all the usual sites as his reporting. Sapp then had to deny it.

All that's really known is that Santana put up a tweet as a 100+ days countdown a while ago which would lapse on September 1st. Talked about wanting a singles run and would be taking more indy bookings solo, and PnP's booking isn't the fantasy booking of most online fans.

Moxley match and the main event were cracking. Quite surprised they switched the belts. Been building animosity between Swerve & lee, and I thought Bucks/FTR fir all the belts was a lock for All Out.

7 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Moxley match and the main event were cracking. Quite surprised they switched the belts. Been building animosity between Swerve & lee, and I thought Bucks/FTR fir all the belts was a lock for All Out.

Swerve and Lee to drop them to FTR due to the bucks being a pair of absolute babies?

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

Swerve and Lee to drop them to FTR due to the bucks being a pair of absolute babies?

It's messy with Cole & ReDragon lurking in the background. As much as the fans want FTR v. Bucks. On paper the build in the background as been the split in the Elite.

Could see Swerve & Lee v. FTR at All Out. Then Bucks v. FTR at Grand Slam

What. the. f**k. is. the. painmaker?

Chris Jericho has had an absolute car crash for about 3 years now. I remember thinking in his initial spell with AEW that he was currently the absolute best in the world even if his in ring skills were on the decline, he was must watch. Since around the pandemic started, he's just went off the rails in wrestling and outwith it.

24 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

JR's reaction to finding out Jericho was in his 'painmaker' gear is how I feel everyone must have felt:

Still manages to capture the mood perfectly does JR.

As a guy who’s part of the rock and metal scene, Jericho is obviously taking inspiration for the face makeup off some black metal band, but I can’t remember who. 

In defence of the Painmaker gimmick - regardless of how over it gets (or not) at least veteran Jericho has been quick enough to realise that the “I’m a wizard!!!” patter was absolute dug dirt and needed binned.

3 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

As a guy who’s part of the rock and metal scene, Jericho is obviously taking inspiration for the face makeup off some black metal band, but I can’t remember who. 

In defence of the Painmaker gimmick - regardless of how over it gets (or not) at least veteran Jericho has been quick enough to realise that the “I’m a wizard!!!” patter was absolute dug dirt and needed binned.

That will most likely be back. He was just the painmaker to give the match a bigger feel. Jericho is obviously still one of the biggest draws they have or he wouldn't be on dynamite every week. I don't see what any of the rest of the jas are getting out of being in the stable though.