The AEW Thread

TheGoon

That was an excellent Dynamite. I was convinced The Firm beating down Mox was a big ruse from MJF to cash in as cheaply as possible, despite his promise to beat Mox cleanly. MJF has been treated as a face by the crowds since he returned, but I'm still surprised the made the turn official so quickly. It also helps elevate The Firm, as they looked like vicious b*****ds in the beat down. Do MJF and Mox form an awkward alliance to go up against Stokely and co?

It also seems like there is plenty more dirt going to emerge from the All Out brawl, with the Elite definitely returning and Punk's side now happily speaking to reporters.

Edit - Meltzer appears to be seething with Larry the dog's version of events :lol:

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell

AEW has a weird habit of overthinking things.  I'm not sure this wrinkle with MJF really works.  He's an absolutely tremendous heel, and even with face reactions, he is so good that he can easily turn them back around.  This just isn't necessary.  Your top heel against your top face at a big show.  That's all that's needed surely.  With this, is MJF considered a face now?  I guess he sits in the middle, but I'm not sure this makes the ultimate match any better.  Especially since I'm absolutely convinced that we'll see Regal turn too.

Same thing they've done with Jungle Boy/Christian/Luchasaurus, same thing they're doing with Hayter/Baker, same thing they're doing with Garcia/Jericho...someone needs to take Tony's coke away for a wee while.

Edited by forameus

21 hours ago, Billy_Gunn said:

Aew On Tnt GIF by All Elite Wrestling on TNT

scissor timbers GIF

17 hours ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

FgCPC_VaUAE3pG3?format=jpg&name=medium

Ooft. If this is true, I don't blame punk at all. 

Apparently utter pish, but then no one knows for sure I suppose (except the folk who were there).

6 hours ago, forameus said:

AEW has a weird habit of overthinking things.  I'm not sure this wrinkle with MJF really works.  He's an absolutely tremendous heel, and even with face reactions, he is so good that he can easily turn them back around.  This just isn't necessary.  Your top heel against your top face at a big show.  That's all that's needed surely.  With this, is MJF considered a face now?  I guess he sits in the middle, but I'm not sure this makes the ultimate match any better.  Especially since I'm absolutely convinced that we'll see Regal turn too.

Same thing they've done with Jungle Boy/Christian/Luchasaurus, same thing they're doing with Hayter/Baker, same thing they're doing with Garcia/Jericho...someone needs to take Tony's coke away for a wee while.

When MJF wins the title, I'm unsure who his immediate challengers will be. Doesn't seem like there's anyone obvious in storyline terms. Longer term Wardlow makes sense, but MJF needs a lengthy run.

I imagine he and Mox are going to team up to take on Page and Morrisey, possibly at the last Dynamite before the PPV. Will MJF turn on Mox then? Seems too obvious, but is too obvious always wrong?

Said it before but they need to start using more folk. They have a huge roster but the same folk are being used too often, the JAS being the main offender (pretty sick of them now).

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

When MJF wins the title, I'm unsure who his immediate challengers will be. Doesn't seem like there's anyone obvious in storyline terms. Longer term Wardlow makes sense, but MJF needs a lengthy run.

I imagine he and Mox are going to team up to take on Page and Morrisey, possibly at the last Dynamite before the PPV. Will MJF turn on Mox then? Seems too obvious, but is too obvious always wrong?

Said it before but they need to start using more folk. They have a huge roster but the same folk are being used too often, the JAS being the main offender (pretty sick of them now).

If they do go down the route of Regal, then I'd expect Danielson to be his first feud.  Mox will likely be written off and go away for the break he was supposed to get before Punk took a shit on the carpet, and Danielson can do a proper storyline playing off his history with Regal, the betrayal of BCC and ultimately do what he seems to love most - put someone over strong.  With AEW's calendar, you could easily stretch that out to the next big show.  If you really wanted to go back to the well, you could then have Mox return with unfinished business, or go for someone more imaginative. It presumably also allows them to finally stop every combination of JAS vs BCC happening every week.  

1 hour ago, forameus said:

If they do go down the route of Regal, then I'd expect Danielson to be his first feud.  Mox will likely be written off and go away for the break he was supposed to get before Punk took a shit on the carpet, and Danielson can do a proper storyline playing off his history with Regal, the betrayal of BCC and ultimately do what he seems to love most - put someone over strong.  With AEW's calendar, you could easily stretch that out to the next big show. 

Danielson seems like a good bet. Focus goes on the PPV cycle to say things can be paced out. Attendances are dropping and they're hitting  Seattle and Los Angeles the first two weeks of January. They're going to need something hot to shift tickets.

- Clunky acclaimed segment.
- Weird Jarret thing and some rando who's half the size of sting in a sting jacket
- PAC encouraging Fenix to cheat with a hammer druring an interview, and also in front of the referee.
- Cabana trying hard to look angry
- That whole Cargill / Nyla thing.

Weird night. Maybe the main event of two big meaty men slapping meat will redeem it.

12 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

The last match was decent, and the non interference part of the Atlantic title three way was good, but everything else around it really stunk. The beat downs and slow run in saves to music are getting kind of repetitive.

All Repeat Wrestling. They need to get that table spot so far to f**k, it's happening every bloody week.