The AEW Thread

TheGoon

39 minutes ago, Lukovic said:

Possibly the best Iron Man Match of all time that.

Great show overall though. Genuinely don't think they've ever had a bad PPV.

Never regretted buying one. It’s like that run of Takeovers where the combinations didn’t even matter, just always worked.

Sounds like it was a great show and all the right folk won.

As mentioned above, Dynamite this week should be interesting as we'll see where things will go for the champions and the start of new feuds etc.

I skipped through a fair bit of the show through lack of time to sit and watch it but watched the iron man match in its entirety and it didn't dissapoint. Mjf is quite underrated at the actual wrestling part and with Danielson, you're pretty much gaurenteed a good match in this environment. Mox and hangman was good, enjoyed the tag team match for what it was and hoping ftr are sticking about if they are in the title picture now. Aew rarely dissapoint with ppvs and this one didn't despite me not being overly invested the past few weeks. 

Aye, hard to knock pretty much anything on the show. At worst the matches were just good. Iron man match was probably just what was needed too, although I would have liked the win to be that little cleaner. As it is though, it gives him a lot of credibility and a show that he isn't just good on the mic.

Thoroughly enjoyed that. The Texas Death Match was insane but hugely enjoyable, great to see FTR back and the trios match was a decent watch 

The Iron Man match was different gravy but, two of the best in the business currently just going at it. Genuinely had everything and the correct result in the end 

Edited by Bert Raccoon

2 hours ago, rowsdower said:

What's the big deal with FTR? Were they gone? I only missed a couple of dynamites.

They had asked for time time off, had been granted it and their deals are rumoured to be up in about a month or so. Incase you're just genuinely not a fan of them, I never used to be either. I wouldn't miss a match they put on now though. I hope this isn't just a case of them putting over the guns before they depart and that they get the titles and keep them for a long time. 

Is it just me or is the AEW tag division piss poor just now? There was a period where it was unmissable, Young Bucks, FTR, Lucha Bros, Jurassic Express, Kenny & Hangman to name a few. The tag division was unmissable whereas now you have guff like The Gunns and 3.0. After a few years of AEW we may be reaching a stage of nostalgia for the early days 

11 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Is it just me or is the AEW tag division piss poor just now? There was a period where it was unmissable, Young Bucks, FTR, Lucha Bros, Jurassic Express, Kenny & Hangman to name a few. The tag division was unmissable whereas now you have guff like The Gunns and 3.0. After a few years of AEW we may be reaching a stage of nostalgia for the early days 

I imagine the direction for Double or Nothing is to get to FTR vs The Bucks for the titles, so that should be spectacular if it happens.

10 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I don't think the gunns are terrible. There's no chance they should be the champions though. Since the acclaimed dropped the titles to them, iv lost alot of interest in that division. Jj and lethal don't interest me too much, and I hope lethal goes back to roh as he's a good worker but I just don't buy him as a character. I think we might see omega v Adam Cole and the bucks against ftr moving forward