Caledonian AFL All Chat

Boab17

12 hours ago, Basile Boli said:

Wonder if Pather will manage to retain their Sunday squad for Saturdays. 

I’m sure the £100 a week may sway that decision.

Quite a few at decent Saturday teams so time will tell. 

On 27/02/2024 at 09:56, Basile Boli said:

Wonder if Pather will manage to retain their Sunday squad for Saturdays. 

I’m sure the £100 a week may sway that decision.

Travelling from Stirlingshire to Lanarkshire on a Sunday would be somewhat misguided without a financial incentive, I would've thought!!

17 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

The castlemilk going morning rumour has been going a while tbf, and has been coming out of those involved at OBC. Iv also heard Oban apparently going to the GG.

Oban, of course, had a team in GGP previously, so I wonder, if true, if they feel the GGP offers more than what SPAFA can provide.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dunipace have been crowned champions of the Caley 1st, with Westerlands and Drumchapel fighting for the second spot.

Looking like Milton will be relegated, with a possibility of Strathclyde Uni, results dependent over the next few weeks.

Caley Prem is as open as it’s been for years with St Joe’s and EKYM still battling away, the former probably being strong favourites. Both teams go head to head on Tuesday and I expect, if St Joe’s win, that’ll be it wrapped up. They’ll then only need four points from their last three games to have it secured. If St Joe’s somehow collapse in their last four games, Wishaw, Giffnock, Doune and St Mungo can still be in contention but I really, really doubt that becoming a possibility. St Joe’s, however, in their last four games, have still to play Wishaw, Giffnock, Dumbarton and EKYM.

On 28/04/2024 at 08:19, Brad Bobley said:

Dunipace have been crowned champions of the Caley 1st, with Westerlands and Drumchapel fighting for the second spot.

Looking like Milton will be relegated, with a possibility of Strathclyde Uni, results dependent over the next few weeks.

Caley Prem is as open as it’s been for years with St Joe’s and EKYM still battling away, the former probably being strong favourites. Both teams go head to head on Tuesday and I expect, if St Joe’s win, that’ll be it wrapped up. They’ll then only need four points from their last three games to have it secured. If St Joe’s somehow collapse in their last four games, Wishaw, Giffnock, Doune and St Mungo can still be in contention but I really, really doubt that becoming a possibility. St Joe’s, however, in their last four games, have still to play Wishaw, Giffnock, Dumbarton and EKYM.

Looks like the Cale Prem will be going down to the wire, St Joseph’s with a very tough run in for the title. 

14 minutes ago, Ammy Footy Fan said:

Looks like the Cale Prem will be going down to the wire, St Joseph’s with a very tough run in for the title. 

St Joe's start tonight with EKYM (A), then Dumbarton (H) on Saturday (which I would expect they'll win). I reckon the first team to 39/40 points will win the league. St Joe's also to face Wishaw (H)and Giffnock (A). EKYM got an equally tough run in with St Joe's (H), Doune (A), Giffnock (A) and Glasgow Harp (A). Wishaw have Milton (H), Strathy Uni (H), Doune (H) and St Joe's (A). Giffnock have Doune (H), EKYM (H), St Joe's (H), St Mungo (H) and Eaglesham (A). 

A lot of scope for drama, but I think if St Joe's win two of their last four, they'll have it wrapped up.

Edited by Brad Bobley

2 hours ago, Brad Bobley said:

St Joe's start tonight with EKYM (A), then Dumbarton (H) on Saturday (which I would expect they'll win). I reckon the first team to 39/40 points will win the league. St Joe's also to face Wishaw (H)and Giffnock (A). EKYM got an equally tough run in with St Joe's (H), Doune (A), Giffnock (A) and Glasgow Harp (A). Wishaw have Milton (H), Strathy Uni (H), Doune (H) and St Joe's (A). Giffnock have Doune (H), EKYM (H), St Joe's (H), St Mungo (H) and Eaglesham (A). 

A lot of scope for drama, but I think if St Joe's win two of their last four, they'll have it wrapped up.

All good sides still battling it out, I think St Joseph’s look strong from what I’ve seen this season. A win tonight would be a massive step towards the title. 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

2-2 with EK and St Joes leaves it still all to play for going into the last couple of games but St Joes essentially have an extra point with the goal difference.

St Joe's 2-0 up after ten mins, with EKYM scoring on the stroke of half time, then again with 5 mins to go. Both teams were very poor, but the surface was absolutely atrocious.

Giffnock still to play EKYM and St Joe's and Wishaw still to play St Joe's certainly makes it exciting. I think it'll go right down to the wire.

Edited by Brad Bobley

23 hours ago, Brad Bobley said:

St Joe's 2-0 up after ten mins, with EKYM scoring on the stroke of half time, then again with 5 mins to go. Both teams were very poor, but the surface was absolutely atrocious.

Giffnock still to play EKYM and St Joe's and Wishaw still to play St Joe's certainly makes it exciting. I think it'll go right down to the wire.

Why was the game at The Murray rather than EK's normal Kirktinholme Park?

7 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

Why was the game at The Murray rather than EK's normal Kirktinholme Park?

Kirktonholme has been dug up for a new astro installation. I think it’s expected to be completed by the start of the new season. EKYM a bit homeless in the interim.

Giffnock 2-0 St Joe’s.

St Joe’s still win the league on goal difference if they beat Wishaw in their last game. If Giffnock/EK isn’t a draw, then the winner defeats Doune, and Wishaw beat St Joe’s, Giffnock/EK win the league.

The amount of variations that can play out is incredible. The Caley League’s very own Helicopter Sunday really is coming together. 

1 hour ago, Brad Bobley said:

Giffnock 2-0 St Joe’s.

St Joe’s still win the league on goal difference if they beat Wishaw in their last game. If Giffnock/EK isn’t a draw, then the winner defeats Doune, and Wishaw beat St Joe’s, Giffnock/EK win the league.

The amount of variations that can play out is incredible. The Caley League’s very own Helicopter Sunday really is coming together. 

Wishaw beat St Joe's a few weeks ago in the Cup as well. Where is the final game being played are St Joe's or Wishaw at home?

56 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

Wishaw beat St Joe's a few weeks ago in the Cup as well. Where is the final game being played are St Joe's or Wishaw at home?

And Wishaw beat them 2-0 at the start of the season too. It's a St Joe's home game. 

Can foresee Giffnock-EKYM and St Joe's-Wishaw being played as the last games. EK/Giffnock need a favour from Wishaw; Wishaw need favours from Doune (but also need to beat Doune in the league); St Joe's win the last game and it's theirs. It's great to see. Past few years has pretty much been a foregone conclusion so good to see the competitive edge is back and it's anybody's to win, really.

5 hours ago, Brad Bobley said:

Giffnock 2-0 St Joe’s.

A very exciting end to the season for all the clubs still in with a shout, credit to a very competitive league going all the way. Who looks the strongest team at the minute?

5 hours ago, Ammy Footy Fan said:

A very exciting end to the season for all the clubs still in with a shout, credit to a very competitive league going all the way. Who looks the strongest team at the minute?

St Joe’s have the least difficult task in that they “only” need to beat Wishaw to secure it. Their goal difference will do them a lot of favours.

Wishaw, however, have won nine games in a row and look to have really kicked on since their elimination from the Last 16 of the Scottish.

Giffnock, EK and Wishaw all need favours from other teams (Doune, last year’s champions, can have a massive say as they’ve still to play all three). 

It’s St Joseph’s-s to lose, IMO, despite their recent slip ups vs EK and Giffnock.

Wishaw hammer Doune 5-0 and they now know that if they beat St Joes in their last league game they will finish above them.

If the league had another few games to run you would have to fancy Wishaw to win it they are the form team in the league but might just have ran out of games.

4 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

Wishaw hammer Doune 5-0 and they now know that if they beat St Joes in their last league game they will finish above them.

If the league had another few games to run you would have to fancy Wishaw to win it they are the form team in the league but might just have ran out of games.

Stood at the top of the hill at Dalziel and watched this. Doune seemingly had half a team and Wishaw played well. Three goals in ten minutes at the start of the second half set the tone for one-way traffic. First half, Wishaw played well but they were very good in the second half - almost took Doune by surprise.

Regardless of what happens now, it goes down to the last game. EKYM and Giffnock still both to play Doune Castle and also each other. If Doune beat either or both, it's out of their hands. I still think the winner of EK-Giffnock will win the league; and fancy them both to beat Doune after seeing the game the other night. Having said that, St Joe's beat Wishaw, and its theirs. Fair play to all four teams taking it this far.

Caley divisions confirmed for next season…

Premier:

St Joseph’s

Wishaw

EKYM

Giffnock North

St Mungo

Doune Castle

Glasgow Harp

Dumbarton Academy FP

Eaglesham

Strathclyde University

Dunipace (promoted)