Caledonian AFL All Chat

Boab17

12 hours ago, Basile Boli said:

Wonder if Pather will manage to retain their Sunday squad for Saturdays. 

I’m sure the £100 a week may sway that decision.

Quite a few at decent Saturday teams so time will tell. 

On 27/02/2024 at 09:56, Basile Boli said:

Wonder if Pather will manage to retain their Sunday squad for Saturdays. 

I’m sure the £100 a week may sway that decision.

Travelling from Stirlingshire to Lanarkshire on a Sunday would be somewhat misguided without a financial incentive, I would've thought!!

17 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

The castlemilk going morning rumour has been going a while tbf, and has been coming out of those involved at OBC. Iv also heard Oban apparently going to the GG.

Oban, of course, had a team in GGP previously, so I wonder, if true, if they feel the GGP offers more than what SPAFA can provide.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dunipace have been crowned champions of the Caley 1st, with Westerlands and Drumchapel fighting for the second spot.

Looking like Milton will be relegated, with a possibility of Strathclyde Uni, results dependent over the next few weeks.

Caley Prem is as open as it’s been for years with St Joe’s and EKYM still battling away, the former probably being strong favourites. Both teams go head to head on Tuesday and I expect, if St Joe’s win, that’ll be it wrapped up. They’ll then only need four points from their last three games to have it secured. If St Joe’s somehow collapse in their last four games, Wishaw, Giffnock, Doune and St Mungo can still be in contention but I really, really doubt that becoming a possibility. St Joe’s, however, in their last four games, have still to play Wishaw, Giffnock, Dumbarton and EKYM.