Rutherglen Glencairn 2019-20

glensmad

I think the 4-0 defeat to Kilbirnie in the tournament two weeks ago might have actually worked in our favour yesterday.

It possibly made their supporters complacent as they may have been expecting the same again, but I knew that our team that Sunday afternoon would be nothing like the team we would field yesterday (6 changes from the tournament final).

I think the 4-0 defeat to Kilbirnie in the tournament two weeks ago might have actually worked in our favour yesterday.

It possibly made their supporters complacent as they may have been expecting the same again, but I knew that our team that Sunday afternoon would be nothing like the team we would field yesterday (6 changes from the tournament final).

Great result for the Glens.This team will surprise a few and will always score goals.

Great result for the Glens.This team will surprise a few and will always score goals.
I've said all summer that we will do ok in this league if we can defend well. Going forward we have the players that will hurt any team.

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

The supporters possibly being complacent had absolutely no bearing on the result...supporters were not playing and had no influence.

Both defences were tank rotten and that made it quite an entertaining game. Kilbirnie created very little during game .Glens dominated the 2nd half and deserved the win possibly should have had a pen also.

The supporters possibly being complacent had absolutely no bearing on the result...supporters were not playing and had no influence.
Both defences were tank rotten and that made it quite an entertaining game. Kilbirnie created very little during game .Glens dominated the 2nd half and deserved the win possibly should have had a pen also.
I said the supporters as I knew what some of them had been predicting pre-match. I have no idea what the mindset of the players was.

You're spot on about the penalty though, how that wasn't given is a mystery.

Glens did well to recover after gifting two very soft goals and hopefully they can improve defensively otherwise their shakey defence could be their achilles heel...that being said I would be more worried if I was a Kilbirnie supporter as aside from their dominance in the opening 20 minutes they were pretty ineffective.

Glens did well to recover after gifting two very soft goals and hopefully they can improve defensively otherwise their shakey defence could be their achilles heel...that being said I would be more worried if I was a Kilbirnie supporter as aside from their dominance in the opening 20 minutes they were pretty ineffective.
We will strengthen defensively, of that I have no doubt. We still have a fit-again Kris Gebbie to return as well after his current holiday.

Was that said with an element of tongue and cheek?!..wish Kris all the best and hadn't seen him for a few years but he doesn't look very fit to me if you get my drift?!!
Kris is returning from a really bad knee injury sustained in the Scottish Junior Cup tie away to Auchinleck Talbot in January when he collided with the breeze block wall beside the Talbot dugout.

He has recovered from the injury and is fit to play again, but he has a bit to go in terms of weight loss and match fitness due to his 6-month absence from the game.

Rutherglen Glencairn are pleased to confirm that Robert Kielty has joined the coaching team at The Celsius Stadium. Robert is a former Player of the Year at Glencairn, and his previous coaching experience will be invaluable to the club in the top league of junior football.IMG_20190806_194259.jpeg

i can mind him and his brother Eric playing for the glens , both good players back in the day .
mind u i think uve more coaches than parks of Hamilton now [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
Only half as many as Darvel mind you. [emoji23]

Robert and Eric are both club legends. [emoji846]

Delighted to see the Robert (the lung) back at the club. Helped me alot when i was at the club, could run all day ans also a great guy

Rutherglen Glencairn are pleased to confirm that Robert Kielty has joined the coaching team at The Celsius Stadium. Robert is a former Player of the Year at Glencairn, and his previous coaching experience will be invaluable to the club in the top league of junior football.IMG_20190806_194259.thumb.jpeg.69033a24cf417db5fccea40449c7034a.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Mackay14 said:

Delighted to see the Robert (the lung) back at the club. Helped me alot when i was at the club, could run all day ans also a great guy

From watching him at training, he can still run all day.

Another really good result for us tonight and one we thoroughly deserved in my opinion.

I think Rob Roy just shaded the first half although we could have been 2-0 up had Simeon put his chance away, instead it was 1-1 not long later.

We were by far the better team in the second half though, and it looked like our former goalie JC Hutchison was going to come back to haunt us with his terrific save to deny Simeon again before saving Leyden's penalty as well.

But we were relentless to the end, the players believed they could get a winner, and we got our reward with a terrific cross by Simeon and header by McKay in the 93rd minute.

A great start for us, and on to Saturday now and another tough one (aren't they all) at home to Largs Thistle.

Another really good result for us tonight and one we thoroughly deserved in my opinion.

I think Rob Roy just shaded the first half although we could have been 2-0 up had Simeon put his chance away, instead it was 1-1 not long later.

We were by far the better team in the second half though, and it looked like our former goalie JC Hutchison was going to come back to haunt us with his terrific save to deny Simeon again before saving Leyden's penalty as well.

But we were relentless to the end, the players believed they could get a winner, and we got our reward with a terrific cross by Simeon and header by McKay in the 93rd minute.

A great start for us, and on to Saturday now and another tough one (aren't they all) at home to Largs Thistle.

I did say that the Glens would surprise a few and so far that has been the case.Points on the board are so important as every team will no doubt hit a sticky patch.

I think if the squad remains relatively injury free they will have a good chance of remaining in the top league.

Rutherglen Glencairn are pleased to announce the signing of defender Kyle Chrystal. Having spent five seasons as part of The Glens' Under 21 squad (joining when he was 17 years old), Kyle now has the opportunity to establish himself as a member of the first team squad.