Swamp Thing (2019 tv series)

YER SISTERS YER MAW

The reviews on this DC series look very promising so watched the pilot episode today and I thought it was very tasty indeed.  Not your usual DC show that you'd let the kids watch, very dark in places.  Don't think it's aired anywhere in UK yet but worth checking out on Kod1 or one of the usual APK's. 

Edited by YER SISTERS YER MAW

This follows on from the excellent Titan's and Doom Patrol, also watched episode 1 which I thought was very good. All 3 series have a very different feel to them but for me are head and shoulders above the latest DC movies have been poor (Wonder Woman was excellent, Shazam passable and the rest fairly awful) and would put Titans and Doom Patrol on a par if not better then Gotham, Constantine and early Arrow from the TV DC stuff. 

For me as they are obviously aimed at an older audience they come across much better

Just watched this and it’s very promising indeed, will watch again!!!
And the leading lady is Sophia Falcone from Gotham, who she was was bugging me for much of the show!!!

Had a look into this and it’s sadly true, it has nothing to do with quality or critical reviews and all to do with money, it cost an absolute fortune to make this show, which you can tell if you watch it, we’re talking movie quality production values here!!!
South Carolina, where it is filmed offered massive “tax breaks” to WB to film it there, much like Georgia do for the marvel movies and TWD, and have reneged on the deal after completion, which means WB paid for it almost in its entirety and thus have made a massive loss and have cancelled it in order to “save” money or to make it back (don’t know how that works)!!!
I would still recommend you watch it though as it is very good and sadly we won’t see it’s like again!!!

Had a look into this and it’s sadly true, it has nothing to do with quality or critical reviews and all to do with money, it cost an absolute fortune to make this show, which you can tell if you watch it, we’re talking movie quality production values here!!!
South Carolina, where it is filmed offered massive “tax breaks” to WB to film it there, much like Georgia do for the marvel movies and TWD, and have reneged on the deal after completion, which means WB paid for it almost in its entirety and thus have made a massive loss and have cancelled it in order to “save” money or to make it back (don’t know how that works)!!!
I would still recommend you watch it though as it is very good and sadly we won’t see it’s like again!!!
Yeah, read they lost about half the budget because of the South Carolina situation. Oh well. Still gonna watch it though.

• 4 months later...