Queen's Park 2019/20

On 25/09/2019 at 16:06, an86 said:

Yeah, he should have risked injury to our best players against a youth team. It's an insult to have senior football clubs belittled and patronised into a situation where they have to play the weans teams of "big" clubs. He treated the competition with the utter contempt that it deserves.

Would genuinely get more out of playing a full XI for the Strollers. At least you get a few first team players playing in those games. 

There is nothing wrong with the competition, it's the way that it is run and it should go back to being for the three divisions under the Premier League teams only.

17 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

There is nothing wrong with the competition, it's the way that it is run and it should go back to being for the three divisions under the Premier League teams only.

You've surely just contradicted yourself there? 

2 hours ago, spider1867 said:

We are playing Partick Thistle in Glasgow Cup game on Tuesday night at Firhill if anyone is interested. 

I'm sure I read somewhere about an obligation to play a reasonable number of first team players in this competition. Reserves playing tonight as well. 

Are our home fixtures for this being played at Lesser or Hampden? I see in the competition blurb that it states that one of the aims of the competition is to allow clubs to positively impact their local communities. Given that we can't actually play licensed senior games at Lesser, you'd have to assume they'd be at Hampden. 

21 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

The SFA limit the number of games that Queen's can play at Hampden. You can guess where the Glasgow Cup games will be played.

Platinum banter club status if we end up playing our home Glasgow Cup ties 12 miles outside Glasgow, whilst our actual stadium sits empty with the park in perfect nick. 

Quite heartbreakingly, ten man Spartans scored an injury time winner at Deveronvale. Quite heartbreakingly, that means an absolute jobby away day instead of a belter. Having said that, we should be winning the tie. No excuses. 

Lost 2-1 to Thistle in the Glasgow Cup. Thomson penalty gave us the lead. DC went off injured. Thomson was absolutely magnificent in the first half. An absolute class apart. Tired as the game went on in the second, understandably. A real shame we're not going to get a season or two out of him. 

Lost 2-1 to Thistle in the Glasgow Cup. Thomson penalty gave us the lead. DC went off injured. Thomson was absolutely magnificent in the first half. An absolute class apart. Tired as the game went on in the second, understandably. A real shame we're not going to get a season or two out of him. 

Hopefully we go Pro so we at least get money back for our investment.

10 hours ago, an86 said:

McCall has a keen eye so if he was as good as you suggest last night, I imagine we might be keeping tabs. We had a fairly strong team out too so promising if he was a standout (or maybe not since we are guff).

3 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

McCall has a keen eye so if he was as good as you suggest last night, I imagine we might be keeping tabs. We had a fairly strong team out too so promising if he was a standout (or maybe not since we are guff).

No disrespect to Thistle but Reagan is destined for the top if he applies himself and works hard at his game. 

Edited by The man with no name

55 minutes ago, The man with no name said:

No disrespect to Thistle but Reagan is destined for the top if he applies himself and works hard at his game. 

He's going to have to step up the ladder before getting to the top - a move to Thistle or similar would make sense. If he's as talented as you say, he'll play games for us whereas he might not a bit further up the chain.

I remember watching Liam Brown a few years back and thinking he had a very good chance. You guys will know better than me whether he should have moved when he did but he went to Motherwell, languished in Unders purgatory and is now back in League 2.

40 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

He's going to have to step up the ladder before getting to the top - a move to Thistle or similar would make sense. If he's as talented as you say, he'll play games for us whereas he might not a bit further up the chain.

I remember watching Liam Brown a few years back and thinking he had a very good chance. You guys will know better than me whether he should have moved when he did but he went to Motherwell, languished in Unders purgatory and is now back in League 2.

Where he goes is important. I'd like to see him go to a Premier League club who have a history of giving youngsters a shot. I'm no fan of Levein, but he does this. Somewhere like Hearts would be a great move. Bigger clubs than them want him, though. The signing on fee might sway him elsewhere, but not help his career. He's not short of options anyway.