SJFA AGM Perth 15/06/19

Taxman

25 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
28 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:
I'd consider it an investment when you look at the trophy cabinet.

Yeah but we're discussing the claim that moving into pyramid will lose them money.

It has the potential to do so in the short term. That's why Talbot want to move with the West Region intact.

Talking about Scottish Cup prize money, great. Only nobody should budget for a cup run. SFA dividend money or whatever the payment share is called, nice. Some would see it like dole money.

You can look at Bonnyrigg having got into the LL. Just put the prices up, by a £1 admittedly. They'll be travelling a wider area and in front of smaller crowds. While players having been promoted might also want a pay bump with improved status. Auchinleck being from a smaller town and geographically a little more isolated in comparison, you can see why they don't want to rush into some half baked idea.

You could alter the line slightly to include all of Perth & Kinross in the LL area I guess, allowing Luncarty into the LL area.
Perth & Kinross stretches further North than Angus.
Tayside enmasse would go no further North if all were accepted.

11 minutes ago, Griffin said:

I personally have no loyalty to a grade. I am loyal to Newburgh Juniors as I am actively involved at the club and have been a supporter for probably 30 years or so.

I think Newburgh's situation would be improved if/when the EOSL has enough clubs to regionalise at Tier 8 with two divisions.  At the same time a South Division would greatly benefit the Border clubs and might reinvigorate Eyemouth for example.

I think Newburgh's situation would be improved if/when the EOSL has enough clubs to regionalise at Tier 8 with two divisions.  At the same time a South Division would greatly benefit the Border clubs and might reinvigorate Eyemouth for example.
Totally agree. If/when amalgamation (common sense) happens regionalisation would be preferable to the clubs towards the bottom.
It is not lack of ambition it is more to do with being in a sustainable environment with the ability to forward plan.
We moved to the South area last season and doubled our average away journey distance. We didnt moan and I for one enjoyed going to meet new folk and visit new grounds.
It did make for longer days though as we were leaving around 11am in the winter and getting home around 6pm.

11 minutes ago, JuniorFitbaforum said:

Another thread ruined by tiresome pyramid talk by same old culprits.

Agm thread now live

www.juniorfitba.freeforums.net

For junior fans ran by junior fans edging closer to 200 members in less than 3 days cheers

More conversation and debate (the point of having a forum!) in this thread in the last half an hour than their has been in 4 days over on the other one...:whistle

4 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It has the potential to do so in the short term. That's why Talbot want to move with the West Region intact.

Talking about Scottish Cup prize money, great. Only nobody should budget for a cup run. SFA dividend money or whatever the payment share is called, nice. Some would see it like dole money.

You can look at Bonnyrigg having got into the LL. Just put the prices up, by a £1 admittedly. They'll be travelling a wider area and in front of smaller crowds. While players having been promoted might also want a pay bump with improved status. Auchinleck being from a smaller town and geographically a little more isolated in comparison, you can see why they don't want to rush into some half baked idea.

We were simply discussing whether it would cost Talbot money to move into the Pyramid (after pointing out they made over £100k this season) nobody mentioned half-baked ideas.  Not sure what the point of comparing SFA payments to dole money money serves, but the point is that playing one game in the Scottish as Licenced members makes you a heck of a lot more money than one game in the Junior Cup, and of course it's guaranteed every year, as it stands just now Talbot aren't guaranteed senior Scottish Cup money every season.

11 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Perth & Kinross stretches further North than Angus.
Tayside enmasse would go no further North if all were accepted.

But in reality wouldn't encompass that many clubs.  Adding Tayside and Angus to the LL catchment area doesn't make sense, especially as an Angus club already play in the North Juniors.

But in reality wouldn't encompass that many clubs.  Adding Tayside and Angus to the LL catchment area doesn't make sense, especially as an Angus club already play in the North Juniors.
Montrose Roselea chose to play in North region and their reasons made sense.
Is there not a team from Berwickshire in the EOS league for similar reasons?

I would think a straw poll of Scone, Luncarty, Blairgowrie, Coupar Angus (all in P&K), Dundee City and Angus clubs would probably result in a stronger desire to have progression to the LL than the HL.

Yes there would be a much heavier weighting to LL than HL but I dont see why this as an issue as they eventually play off against each other anyway.

11 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

We were simply discussing whether it would cost Talbot money to move into the Pyramid (after pointing out they made over £100k this season) nobody mentioned half-baked ideas. 

Move into the pyramid, where there isn't a way for them to right now. So is that the West Region under SJFA? West Region turned independent WoSFL? A splinter WoSFL with some clubs remaining in the SJFA West Region? Lowland League 2 across the entire Lowland catchement area or a Lowland League 2 West across just half the Lowland catchment area?

Seems pretty half baked to me.

3 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Montrose Roselea chose to play in North region and their reasons made sense.
Is there not a team from Berwickshire in the EOS league for similar reasons?

I would think a straw poll of Scone, Luncarty, Blairgowrie, Coupar Angus (all in P&K), Dundee City and Angus clubs would probably result in a stronger desire to have progression to the LL than the HL.

Yes there would be a much heavier weighting to LL than HL but I dont see why this as an issue as they eventually play off against each other anyway.

Without a doubt, but currently their future lies in the HL area and personally I think that's where it should stay, otherwise we increase the number of clubs feeding the LL and reduce the number who can potentially feed the HL creating a very lopsided Pyramid, also with the Aberdeen bypass travelling is probably just as good if not better heading north for them.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Move into the pyramid, where there isn't a way for them to right now. So is that the West Region under SJFA? West Region turned independent WoSFL? A splinter WoSFL with some clubs remaining in the SJFA West Region? Lowland League 2 across the entire Lowland catchement area or a Lowland League 2 West across just half the Lowland catchment area?

Seems pretty half baked to me.

Not sure what you're seeing in the posts, it's fairly simple and I suspect the original point was borne out of the West moving in en-masse, that was where my question came from when I asked Wile Coyote if he wanted to see Talbot in the Pyramid. Nothing else was suggested.

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Not sure what you're seeing in the posts, it's fairly simple and I suspect the original point was borne out of the West moving in en-masse, that was where my question came from when I asked Wile Coyote if he wanted to see Talbot in the Pyramid. Nothing else was suggested.

Then it goes back to it probably would be a loss for them in the short term as they would be a favourite to get promoted to the Lowland League. And the Lowland League at present has greater costs to run in than the West Premiership.

4 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Then it goes back to it probably would be a loss for them in the short term as they would be a favourite to get promoted to the Lowland League. And the Lowland League at present has greater costs to run in than the West Premiership.

That's exactly my point and the way promotion to the LL is set up it will take many years to stabilise until it truly consists of the top non-league teams in the country.

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

And my responses were pointing out that SFA annual payments and cup runs (they wont get papped out first round every season) will more than compensate any short term loss they might incur with a few extra buses, and of course you're assuming they win the West the first year it becomes part of the Pyramid.

All a moot point anyway as the most likely scenario will be the west moving en-masse. If it doesn't and a WoS is created inviting applications, then a choice has to be made.

1 minute ago, Wile E Coyote said:

That's exactly my point and the way promotion to the LL is set up it will take many years to stabilise until it truly consists of the top non-league teams in the country.

Out of the 16 clubs already there, I'd say EK, Kelty, Bonnyrigg, Spartans, Berwick and East Stirling are 6 of the top LL area clubs already there for next season. BSC are now also a top club like it or not. You'll likely add a Linlithgow or Penicuik end of next season. 

There will be a few smaller clubs in the West Premier next season eg Rossvale, Benburb, that's fitba.

1 hour ago, JuniorFitbaforum said:

Another thread ruined by tiresome pyramid talk by same old culprits.

Agm thread now live

www.juniorfitba.freeforums.net

For junior fans ran by junior fans edging closer to 200 members in less than 3 days cheers

And to add to my previous comment...

About 5 or 6 of us, all with differing ideas and views, and it’s not descended into a slagging match!

Now go and take a look at the current Darvel thread (the old one had to be deleted) and tell me which one of the “same old culprits” caused that fiasco? :lol:  

45 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

I would be interested in your 16 top non-league teams?

So...anyway...about the AGM....will the minutes of the meeting be distributed as usual to parties who are actually part of the association so that club reps have relevant info, Chis ?

Or will we have to get the info blurted out on here in dribs & drabs ?....I believe that other fora are available nowadays but can't be sure how accurate the reports might be. Should I just ask club rep who actually attended the meeting for accurate info ?

Without a doubt, but currently their future lies in the HL area and personally I think that's where it should stay, otherwise we increase the number of clubs feeding the LL and reduce the number who can potentially feed the HL creating a very lopsided Pyramid, also with the Aberdeen bypass travelling is probably just as good if not better heading north for them.
I hear your point of view, however, in the interests of moving on from the road block that appears to be in place at the moment there needs to be some form of compromise.

The main issue blocking progress appears to be the need for one route to the LL playoff in the East.

The ERJSFA are caught in a difficult situation as their region is split by the border between HL and LL.

If the way forward meant the movement of this border to allow Tayside clubs into the East feeder leagues would this not make sense?

I totally understand the EOS league objection to two feeder leagues in the East and I totally understand the issue that having a split region causes for the ERJSFA.

Surely common sense must break out at some point.

1 hour ago, Griffin said:

I hear your point of view, however, in the interests of moving on from the road block that appears to be in place at the moment there needs to be some form of compromise.

The main issue blocking progress appears to be the need for one route to the LL playoff in the East.

The ERJSFA are caught in a difficult situation as their region is split by the border between HL and LL.

If the way forward meant the movement of this border to allow Tayside clubs into the East feeder leagues would this not make sense?

I totally understand the EOS league objection to two feeder leagues in the East and I totally understand the issue that having a split region causes for the ERJSFA.

Surely common sense must break out at some point.

image.png.28ad304a57044f567dae5a15f4f38265.png