Billy Gilmour

Kuro

41 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Is it just me or does he look a bit better physically? not sure whether he's taken a stretch or been working in the gym all this time. He's much quicker in closing down and he's not as lightweight. 

Still only 21, potential there to stil have a very good career

I thought that too, which is tbh what he needed to do. Quality hes made progress on that now.

1 hour ago, MarkoRaj said:

Is it just me or does he look a bit better physically? not sure whether he's taken a stretch or been working in the gym all this time. He's much quicker in closing down and he's not as lightweight. 

Still only 21, potential there to stil have a very good career

Yeah - he had a couple of really good moments defensively too. 

Played well.

I think there is a misconception around his defensive work btw. He has always been actually OK in the tackle or 50/50 department. Its the positioning and tracking of runners that he's poor at. Which was evident a few times last night, notably the chance where Antony ran past him to shoot into the side netting in the first half.

Didn't see the game but saw De Zerbi's post match where he talked a little about his thinking for the Manchester Utd game and it seems Billy Gilmour managed to force his way into the plans based on his performance in the Brighton - Wolves game as well as being aided by circumstances (Pascal Gross and Joel Veltman being unavailable) so it will be interesting to see what happens on Tuesday.

Veltman, Lamptey and Pascal Gross were not able to play and I thought about changing to play with three defenders and two midfielders but I think we've reached a good level of football and we have our right technologies (application of ideas) playing in this tactical disposition and I didn’t want to change. I think Caicedo can play everywhere, he is a top player and Gilmour deserved to play after Wolves. I love giving the player the possibility to play, the chance to play, the chance to show me their quality and Gilmour was fantastic against Wolves. I thought like this.

De Zerbi's reply when asked about playing Moises Caicedo at full back

https://youtu.be/bECqVXDfw8I?t=75

Pascal Gross, we will see – I didn’t want to take any risk with him tonight, he’s too important a player for us but you know there are a lot of players that are playing: Enciso, Gilmour and I want them to stay ready always to play because now we need everybody

De Zerbi on Pascal Gross and why he didn't play against Manchester Utd

https://youtu.be/bECqVXDfw8I?t=213

It’s just good to see him follow up that Wolves performance with another good game against tougher opposition.

Hopefully he’ll play against Everton and do well again.

Brighton will lose at least one of Caicedo and Mac Allister, reckon this is his audition to prove they do not need to buy anyone in and he will be the man to step in when it happens as Brighton can still qualify for Europe at this stage, these are not dead rubbers they are playing him in so hopefully he grabs his chance.

17 hours ago, Donathan said:

4-0 down, he comes on and they score immediately 

It was literally the Billy Gilmour show when he came on - he must've got more touches on the ball in the last 15 minutes than the whole Everton side.

6 hours ago, Satoshi said:

This thread would have gone mad if he had started and they were hammered.

So many people waiting to have a go at him, glad he keeps proving them wrong.

Your constantly criticising people you persevere to be having a go at him. Yet 3 pages of praise and this is all you've got. Why not just enjoy him doing well.

3 hours ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

Your constantly criticising people you persevere to be having a go at him. Yet 3 pages of praise and this is all you've got. Why not just enjoy him doing well.

This thread would have gone mad had he played and played badly.

Far too many desperate to criticise not enough praising when things go well. Hence why the McGinn thread is so quiet when he is having the season of his life.

I would love it if posters were to change and adopt a positive mindset. Let's see.

Why don't you model the new behaviour for a while?

4 hours ago, Satoshi said:

This thread would have gone mad had he played and played badly.

Far too many desperate to criticise not enough praising when things go well. Hence why the McGinn thread is so quiet when he is having the season of his life.

I would love it if posters were to change and adopt a positive mindset. Let's see.

Why don't you model the new behaviour for a while?

Why not praise the posters who are giving him credit then? Rather than be constantly confrontational and negative.